The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Boito side by side shotgun that I can't get to cock. There were some worn down parts. I replaced the cocking lever, cocking rod, hammer/firing pin, sear and sear spring. The sear just wont catch on the hammer, and after hours and hours of brainstorming and tinkering, I just can not figure it out! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
19,290 Posts
neither side cocks when you break it open.. or one does and one doesn't?

i have a 20g stevens that only left would cock.

I took her apart and did a lil eyeballing and custom bending with a pair of needle nose pliers and now both bbls go bang.

was a noce find for 100$ at a pawn shop.

post back more info.

·
Registered
19,290 Posts
ugh.. i'm no gunsmith so I don't know the names of anything in there.

what i did was from the engineer in me's point of view.

I disassembeld the action enough to see what breaking it open moved.. then observed the change in one side and the other.. and made the one side that wasn't working more similar to the side that was working.. then poof.. and 3 trial and error bends .. it worked. i didn't want to overdo it so was making very small adjustments each time. actually 2nd adjustment was achieving 'cock' about 95% of the time.. thus i tweaked it a hair more and it has never failed to cock on break now

·
Registered
19,290 Posts
observe the mehanism.. whatch what is moving when it breaks..

once you get the relationship of what it does / what it needs down.. you can then 'adjust' that relationship.

i went into mine not knowing what i would find too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.