The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. Hope all is well. Humbly I ask, is there anyone out there who have built a 24” barrel dpms 6.5 creedmoor ar-10 Lr 308 platform build? And if so, do you know of a decent BCG on the market that’s not too expensive someone who doesn’t have much money can buy for it? Thank you all.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
For an accuracy rifle,need good parts...Expensive-Lantac-275$,superb BCG with enlarged tail on BC(no play),roller cam pin,etc...worth the money....For backup 18",I went with Faxon Enhanced 145$,well built, with again--a oversized tail for no play....Both BCGs will outlast the amount of rounds you'll ever fire through the rifle......

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For an accuracy rifle,need good parts...Expensive-Lantac-275$,superb BCG with enlarged tail on BC(no play),roller cam pin,etc...worth the money....For backup 18",I went with Faxon Enhanced 145$,well built, with again--a oversized tail for no play....Both BCGs will outlast the amount of rounds you'll ever fire through the rifle......
Hey Zant, thank you for this info. I think I’m going to follow your advice and make a sacrificial investment. But do you know if the Lantac is dpms compatible? Thank you.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
I believe the AR10 "pattern" is about magazines and external parts not fire control parts.Buy once,cry once.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Since the AR-10 platform is not built to Milspec, it’s recommended too, though not necessary, to use a BCG from the same manufacturer as the barrel . This ensures that the BCG and Barrel will have the correct headspace. So if you can order a BCG from he same MFG as the barrel that’s the best case scenario

1 - 7 of 7 Posts