BO's gift

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrkirker, Apr 1, 2009.

1. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

BO presented Her Majesty with an I-Pod.
    What a thoughtfull, personal gift. :eek:

2. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Oh, how original!

3. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

This has to be a joke.

If it's true, no I cant believe it but if its true I can only imagine his advisor's are not on his side.

4. chemfantry

chemfantry New Member

I hope your next post on here will be "april fools". If not he has to be the dumbest president since.........ever.

5. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mrkirker [​IMG]
    BO presented Her Majesty with an I-Pod.
    What a thoughtfull, personal gift. :eek:

I hope your next post on here will be "april fools". If not he has to be the dumbest president since.........ever.

+1 on this post!

6. satellite66

satellite66 New Member

I saw this story someplace else and I googled it and came up with a few stories. It has to be an April fools. :eek:

7. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

you figure that one of them would have given the other one something long and black and made of rubber. :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    i crack myself up.:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

8. Marlin T

Marlin T Well-Known Member

Barack Obama's gift for the Queen: an iPod, your Majesty

Barack Obama met the Queen at Buckingham Palace today and gave her a gift of an iPod loaded with video footage and photographs of her 2007 United States visit to Richmond, Jamestown and Williamsburg in Virginia. In return, the Queen gave the President a silver framed signed photograph of herself and the Duke of Edinburgh - apparently a standard present for visiting dignitaries.

It is believed the Queen already has an iPod, a 6GB silver Mini version she is said to have bought in 2005 at the suggestion of Prince Andrew.

UPDATE: Pool reporter Richard Wolf of USA Today says that an Obama aide told him the President also gave the Queen a "rare songbook signed by
    Richard Rodgers". END UPDATE

Earlier, Mr Obama had spoken of his admiration for Her Majesty but indicated that his wife was handling the details of their royal meeting. "There's one last thing that I should mention that I love about Great Britain, and that is the Queen," he said at the end of his joint press conference with Gordon Brown.

"And so I'm very much looking forward to meeting her for the first time later this evening. And as you might imagine, Michelle has been really thinking that through -- because I think in the imagination of people throughout America, I think what the Queen stands for and her decency and her civility, what she represents, that's very important."

Mr Brown added: "Well, I know the Queen is looking forward to welcoming you and she's very much looking forward to her discussion with you."

There was widespread criticism in Britain and from Anglophiles in the US of Mr Obama's recent present to Mr Brown of a box set of classic American movies on DVDs that were not compatible with British DVD players.

9. 94z07

94z07 New Member

Up next, Obama gives Akihito a Sports Illustrated Football phone.

Didn't he sell the obamaphiles on the idea that his lack of expirience was made up for by his good judgment? Oh he's got judgment in spades!

10. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

Its true. A customised i pod with a movie of her recent trip to the US. A very odd choice from the President of the United States to the Queen of England. Still, what would I know. I would have given a leather bound hand finished and dedicated bible (she is the head of the Church of England), some fine American made china, a cased hand made model of the Mayflower or perhaps a cased clock from one of your best clock makers. How foolish I would have looked.

Prince Philip, the Queens husband has a history of making odd remark's and apparently wasn't slow in coming forward with one. When Obama mentioned he had met with three world leaders earlier in the day, the Prince asked how he could tell the difference between them! I rather like the man.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2009
  11. Teejay9

Teejay9 New Member

Southwest Corner of the US, "Where no stinking fen
    Well, it could have been an Obama Inauguration Plate. TJ

12. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

His advisers must be self-absorbed, immature, early-20s yuppies with no clue of culture, class or respect. :eek: Much like his average supporter... :rolleyes:

13. glocknut

glocknut Active Member

Thats assuming she doesn't allready have one of them... :D:D:D:D:D:D

mike
    gn

14. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

oops....i posted a thread about this and didn't realize it was already here....

sorry

15. artabr

artabr New Member

I posted about this in Tranter's "Barrys here!" thread. Face it folks, We have a thoughtless group of idiots running/ruining our Country.
    If this weren't bad enought, he gets in front of the cameras and denigrates our country at a time when we need to try to build confidence in her.
    It seems our Community Organizer in Chief is not organized nor is he concerned about the "community". :eek: :( :mad: :mad: :mad:

Art

Last edited: Apr 1, 2009