The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Obviously this is in very poor condition and probably isn't worth much. But I found this at a sale super cheap and picked it up. Had to use a magnifying glass to find the marking BJ Hart & Bros. I looked online and there are a few different "hart and bro" makers with different name before. The J could be an I or F?? It's pitted so it's hard to tell. Just wondering what it is and how much they are worth in great condition. I want to see one that is good

Attachments

·
Registered
4,786 Posts
That stock is as homemade as they come. If the hole for the drum isn't stripped and the bore isn't pitted you might make a few bucks off the barrel but I'd have probably left it there.

·
Registered
17,339 Posts
Looks like something my Daddy told me about when he was a kid.

Said he had "an old single-shot black powder pistol" that he played cowboys/army/cops and robbers with.

That's what this looks like to me. Someone took an old gun, pulled the hammer and nipple so it couldn't shoot, and gave it to their kid to play with.

·
Premium Member
2,225 Posts
Yup, looks safe enough with the missing hammer and no nipple, only thing.....

......it has a load of BP and a ball in it. :p

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Yup, looks safe enough with the missing hammer and no nipple, only thing.....

......it has a load of BP and a ball in it. :p
borrow somebody's ball screw and unload it, or take it to a gunsmith for unloading.

I think I know a way to get your $5 of value back; donate it to a stage play company and claim it as a charitable donation.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you have a rubber tipped air nozzle, just put it against the hole in the rear of the barrel. It will push the ball out. If the barrel is rusted inside, a little lube will assist in getting the ball out.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts