Bought a Sig 1911..

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by zant, Nov 11, 2017.

1. zant

zant Well-Known Member

Son called up last month,needed money for a truck...hoo hum,not my problem.Next call.hey-I don't carry my SIG anymore,do you want it??How much?600$ w/all 1911 stuff.How's 800$ sounds?Cool,Dad.So got,Sig,tritium front sight,4-Wilson 10rd,3 McCormick 8rds,2 holsters,3 mags carriers,incld 1-3 mag,100 rds of HST.I think it's a great deal-this will be the only 1911 I own w/an external extractor and light rail(annoying,none of my nice shoulder holsters work).

2. AngelDeville

AngelDeville Active Member

The guy who traded in the Wiley Clapp I own traded toward a Sig, and he added a lot of cash on top of the trade.

I haven't shot a sig, but they seem pretty nice to me. External extractors may be ugly, but they work.
    You can pick up a decent railed holster pretty cheap in the forum classifieds, and it can be used for nonrailed just as easy.

$600 seems a decent deal to me.

firefighter1635 and Guts3d like this.

3. jwdurf

jwdurf Well-Known Member Supporting Member

My Sig is my smoothest, tightest, most accurate 1911. A couple of things I don't like, the squared shoulders on the slide are ugly to me, and of course it won't fit my 1911 holsters. Also, the checkering on front grip strap is so sharp that it will make my fingers sore if I don't wear a glove. Overall it's a great pistol but it does have those drawbacks.

Signitron[2528].jpg

Last edited: Nov 12, 2017
    firefighter1635 and Guts3d like this.
  4. Guts3d

Guts3d Well-Known Member

5. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

I have one, I sure do like it a lot. The STX model.

firefighter1635 and jwdurf like this.
  6. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

The main thing I don't like about my Sig 1911 is that "rail" like thing on the dust cover. The price was right so I couldn't pass up buy a SIG!!
    Sig 1911R TACOPS.JPG

firefighter1635 and jwdurf like this.