The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My brother bought me a 22 rifle at western auto it was a single shot with a T handle you had to pull out to shoot. I dont remember what kind it was. It got stolen along with all my dads other guns. Would like to find out what it was and maybe find another one like it. I think this was about 1976 or 77.

·
Super Moderator
41,340 Posts
The western auto's brand of rifle was the Revelation which they basically farmed out to places like Marlin or Winchester, or any other established gun maker. The one you are asking about could be just about anything. I did some Google searches and came up with pretty much nothing. Good luck with your quest.

Welcome to TFF, balddobie!

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
Like George I did some searching and sort of bombed out. The Western Auto firearms were furnished by Mossberg, Marlin, and the Savage/Stevens/Springfield family of fire arms. That covers a whole bunch of .22 singe shots. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
You don't really have enough information to go on. There were a number of models of rifles that Western Auto contracted for with their name on it. Some were made by Marlin and others by other manufacturers. What you describe is a straight pull rifle meaning it had a straight pull bolt (same kind of concept that a Ruger Mk II pistol has). With such a general description it is probably impossible to know what model / manufacturer it was.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,922 Posts
JJ, I think you came up with a winner. The mfg. dates match on the Marlin 101 so that just might be the one.

·
Banned
5,428 Posts
I came up with the 101, 103 and there was a 105 also. Just couldn't verify which one might meet the criteria. I did find out that Marlin did make them for Western Auto though :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you for the information this gives me a good place to start. I would like to find one to give my grandson Thanks again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts