The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Banned
5,425 Posts
Congratulations! The most successful sniper in the recorded history was a Finnish soldier in the Winter War with a Mosin Nagant. $150 is a fair deal with it in nice condition. These rifles are the type of rifle that with even a lot of abuse just continue to work. Getting one in nice condition is a good score. There is ammo available and the best way to get it is to order it in bulk on-line. Order 500 rounds, it will be delivered with UPS to your door.

I know how you feel not having fired it yet. I picked up my 1950's bolt action 12 gauge yesterday from our local FFL that I won in an auction and was sent to me - total cost $109 with the FFL transfer. Came home and cleaned it up some - it does seem to have been decently cleaned and oiled and in good working condition so, now I need some 12 gauge shotgun shells so I can go test mine :)

· Banned
5,425 Posts
The Chinese ammo may be more corrosive so make sure you clean the rifle well after going shooting with it. Quite honestly though the surplus Russian ammo isn't much better if at all. Keeping your rifle clean is something every good soldier does anyway - no matter what ammo they have to shoot ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.