The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello !
I recently acquired an old Iver Johnson it is hammerless. It is a break top 5 shot 32. It is worn a good bit but still seems tight. The se# I can find is on the bottom of the trigger guard. It is 77995. Markings on the bottom of grip reads "... June 16.96- aug 25.2?". I do not know if any other info is needed to determine if this is a late model production capable if using modern smokeless ammo or if it is pretty much useless requiring black powder ammo. (or can 32 shorts be used if ever Im able to run across a box ?)
Do they carry any real value, other than "just a cool old 100+ yr old gun" ?
Thanks!

·
Registered
5,352 Posts
Please read the " sticky " above the forum in reference to Iver Johnson serial numbers. The true serial number will be under the left grip along with any prefix letter if one is present. Trigger guards can and are often replaced for repair. The markings on the butt should read XPAT'D JUNE16.96.AUG25.96X and under that line - PAT'S PENDING- This marking was used in 1905 and 1906, which makes it a Black Powder Frame. But need the serial number from under the grip.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.