The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Although I have only just turned 18 I have shot guns for all my life and am by no means an inexperienced shooter. I am considering buying a bren 805 but I am also considering a few AK variants. I am looking for a gun that will be a good shooter/life and liberty gun. Should I save for the bren or go for a cheaper AK?

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
The BREN 805 is an excellent, wonderful rifle. I am very fond of mine. It is also about to be a unicorn - the BREN 2 will be taking its place in the CZ lineup before too long and the 805 will disappear. It's heavier than anything else I've used, but ultra reliable, eats absolutely anything and hits what I'm aiming at all day long. The reciprocating charging handle irks some, but I moved it to the right side, AK style, and have no issues. I would take my BREN over an AK for most things. Not bashing AKs at all, but their not really in the same ballpark, plus the 805 will accrue collector value over your lifetime, being imported for only, (likely), a few years. Since the 805s in the Czech Army reserve will need maintenance for some time, I foresee 805 parts to still be available for some time. The BREN 2 is shorter, lighter, different internals, easier to break down for cleaning, (so I'm told), and has a nonreciprocating charging handle.
However, even as a CZ guy, I have to ask - have you looked at ARs? The prices for these are INSANE right now. I've seen Bear Creek Arsenal blow out complete ARs for $299.99, and Palmetto State Armory always has killer deals, buy an upper you like, lower you like and mate the two for under $500.
Oh, and welcome to the board! Congrats on making your majority and being an adult on probation for three years.

·
Super Moderator
28,989 Posts
I had to look that one up. Beautiful firearm, but out of my price range.

Reactions: Jester560

·
Banned
1,909 Posts
Nice weapon. It looks to be in a much higher class than an AK.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts