The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings

My son got a British 303 Lee Enfield from his grandfather. I am having problems finding out anything about it for him. We know it was made in 1942 or that's what is stamped in to it and it says its No. 4 MK?. I am needing to find out because it has a broken extractor spring. Anyone have a idea on how to find out what Mark it is. Also I think the stock might have been sporterized because the ones i have been finding on the web have a top to the forehand but ours doesn't. Any help is welcome.

James

· Registered
2,494 Posts
Wecome to the forum knightly. Pictures are a necessity for any help in identifying the rifle. I am not an expert on .303's but I believe that the extractor spring should be interchangeable between the various Mark's. If I am wrong about this one of the experts will be more than willing to tell you and me what a dolt I am.

· Registered
6,391 Posts
The extractor springs are the same for all variations of the Rifle No. 4.

Try www.gunpartscorp.com for the spring; their part number is 486800; cost is about $6. For many years, gunsmiths have been modifying those extractors to take a coil spring, but of course the cost of the modification has to be balanced against the cost of one or more regular springs.

Jim

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.