Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Browning 1886 Reproduction

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

2lazy2
    (3/3/02 8:38:32 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Browning 1886
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have a Browning reproduction of the Winchester 1886 in 45/70 cal. It is the high grade rifle, (marked 1 of 3000) and has gold inlays of elk on one side of the reciever and buffalo on the other. It has an octagon barrel and a full length mag tube.The reciever is in the white and the rest of the gun is blued. The metal is 99.9%- I can't find a blemish on it. The stock was stripped of the high gloss finish that Browning had on it. When it was stripped, a flaw in the wood that they had hidden with putty and coloring was revealed. It is about .250 to.375 in diameter and is located on the top of the buttstock.The rest of the stock shows good figure.The stock is now finished in a Danish oil. The rifle has been fired about 500 times with mostly cast bullets but does not show it. No factory box. What is it worth?

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/3/02 10:24:40 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Browning 1886
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi 2Lazy.....and welcome to TFF.

Stick around, one of our experts should be along shortly. In the meantime, have a look around....I'm sure you'll fine much of interest here.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/3/02 10:27:44 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Browning 1886
    Well, that is unfortunate. New-in-the-box, that rifle would sell for around $1900. With the stock redo, it no longer has the collector appeal and would sell for $800-$1000, depending on the appearance of the wood.