The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Browning F/N I believe is a Model 1922.. serial number is in the 38000 range. Having a hard time finding out what year and how much it may be worth. Going by BlueBook Inc. Standards it is a hi 70% to 80 % still shoots well. It is a 7.65mm or .32. I would appreciate any help

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
We can't give any realistic appraisal without good pictures. But if you are willing to trust BB on the condition you can trust it on the value. Only in rare cases will an evaluation here differ much from that of the BB.

Jim

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure what year it is. according to the book that makes a huge difference in value. Have an awful time tracking the serial number, but that seems to be what tells age. I will post some pics. what to get it sold so I can buy a modern, higher caliber piece

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
It looks like a post-WWII commercial pistol, though not well treated. My WAG on value would be $250+.

Jim

·
Registered
6,379 Posts
Note that the values given here are (unless stated otherwise) retail value. That is the price at which a dealer would sell the gun, or the price it MIGHT bring in a private sale. The price a dealer would pay for the gun or give for it in trade would probably be considerably less.

Jim

1 - 7 of 7 Posts