Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Browning High Power 9,,

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by bertman911, Apr 23, 2009.

1. bertman911

bertman911 New Member

I have a used Browning High Power 9mm. Went to sell it today asking $300 and got over 20 responses in 30 minutes. This tells me either I have something worth more that what I am asking, or people just like the gun and had lots of interest.

What do I need to find out exactly what I have?

Thanks!

Numbers on the gun:

7t552
    0t9719

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 23, 2009
  2. TranterUK

TranterUK Guest

That's because its not a Browning, its an Inglis made in Canada in WW2 to Browning drawings.

The rear sight hump is the main give away, very collectable. Its not clear in the picture, but if the second digit is a T it was made for allied, Canadian or UK forces.

Its worth a lot more than $300.00. I cant value for the US, but in Europe, around $1000.00.

If I had better pictures of both sides, I could tell you more. Even knowing whats written on the other side of the slide would help.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 23, 2009

3. bertman911

bertman911 New Member

Thanks, I also posted the numbers on the gun. Do you have any idea on a value?

4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Yep that's an Ingus, even if it was a hi-power you'd still be too low. So, some people know what there looking at and those that didn't know any better, still saw a good deal. I Sold my Belgium Browning HP in stainless for 900.00 before the industry got hot.

5. bertman911

bertman911 New Member

Okay, thanks for the replies, and I will look at the gun a little more carefully in a little bit. I'll post what I find and hope you can tell me what I have. Might take it to a gun show to see if anyone there can give me more info.

Thanks again!