The Firearms Forum banner

Browning Identification and Value

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  RJay 
#1 ·
My wife inherited her Grandfather's Browning 20 gauge. We are looking for more information on it. We have a few pictures for identification purposes. The top of the barrel says "Browning Arms Company St. Louis MO". On the side of the barrel it says * special steel -12 ga- shells 2 3/4. 0 kg 887 (squigle symbol), looks like a small a over a big B, looks like a lion over a PV, a circle with a crown on top and ELG and a star in the middle, and a circle with 12-70 in it. On the side of the chamber is another lion with a PV. The butt says Automatic Browning. All metal pieces except the barrel have engraving on them. The stock and grip a carved wood. The number on the bottom is 377316

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
I take it you’re not too familiar with guns. ;)

I think you have a well used 12 Gauge (not 20 gauge) Belgian Browning A5. There are folks here that know better than I but from my experience, and this is if it all checks out ie no cracks in stock and mechanically sound it’s about a $300 gun. Let’s see what a few others have to say.

Reactions: joe45c
#3 · (Edited)
like firpo posted you have a A-5 12 ga shotgun. They are really nice guns. have one myself in 16ga. It is a 5 shot semi auto. As far as the value Firpo quoted 300 is probably about right. They made quite a few of these so they are not rare, but they were really one the best shotguns ever built.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.