Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Browning Superposed

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 26, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

mterick
    (1/10/02 9:54:58 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Browning over/under
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi, I'm wondering what my Browning over/under 12 Ga. is worth. It's a made in Belgium, 2 3/4" shell, vent rib. It lists two patent numbers on the upper barrel. It says, " PATENTS Nr 2203378 - 2233861". Under the lever which cracks open the breech for loading there is a number 33951. This gun is in good condition. Thanks Doc. It was 42 degrees yesterday up here in Duluth MN. A Record!

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/10/02 10:45:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Browning over/under
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    It has double triggers, right? How is it choked?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

mterick
    (1/11/02 5:36:06 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Browning over/under
    It has a single trigger. I can't see on the barrel any choke indication. It says "special steel 2 3/4" shells only". I know it is an excellent grouse shotgun, so I'd be surprised if it had anything other than a modified choke. The barrels are 26". Thanks again!

AntiqueDr
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (1/11/02 5:46:12 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: Browning over/under
    Well, it was built in 1953. The choke markings appear on the side of the breechblock when the gun is opened, and will be a combination of asterisks, dashes and/or dollar signs.

Assuming the gun is a Grade I, and everything is standard about it, and it's been well taken care of, about $1250 - $1500.