The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Overall it is a nice, accurate rifle but i do have some issues with it that i cover in the video. I know this rifle has a big fan base but to me it just seems different for the sake of being different. I can see why people love it but It's just not my cup of tea. It's possible that the new model T-bolt would change my mind but it's unlikely that i will buy one.

· Registered
259 Posts
I know I want the new model T-bolt now!:D

· Registered
410 Posts
The straight pull bolt action has been around since well before WWI.

One of the early slanders was that the action was not strong enough for the currently modern cartridges.
They were.. and then some.

A criticism with more grounds to it are that the mechanism is more complicated than a manual turnbolt.
It is.

IMHO the Swiss K-31 is the epitome of the of the military straight pull bolt action service rifles and the Browning T-Bolt (Ist. Gen.) is the ultimate straight pull bolt action rimfire.

Course...as you might have guessed...I'm a bit prejudiced.:)

· Registered
259 Posts
The straight pull bolt action has been around since well before WWI.

One of the early slanders was that the action was not strong enough for the currently modern cartridges.
They were.. and then some.

A criticism with more grounds to it are that the mechanism is more complicated than a manual turnbolt.
It is.

IMHO the Swiss K-31 is the epitome of the of the military straight pull bolt action service rifles and the Browning T-Bolt (Ist. Gen.) is the ultimate straight pull bolt action rimfire.

Course...as you might have guessed...I'm a bit prejudiced.:)
I, myself, have no problem with your prejudice. I think straight-pull bolt actions are the coolest :D. And I have to agree with your opinion that the K-31 is the apex of the straight-pull bolt action design.

Too bad there aren't more companies making straight-pull bolt actions; at least in the rim-fire cartridges.:(

G

·
The Browning T bolt 22 is the fastest 22 bolt gun I have ever shot. If you shoot it enough you can reach almost semi auto speeds with it.

IIRC I have seen many a biathlon shooters using straight pull action on their rifle for speed.

· Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Browning T bolt 22 is the fastest 22 bolt gun I have ever shot. If you shoot it enough you can reach almost semi auto speeds with it.

IIRC I have seen many a biathlon shooters using straight pull action on their rifle for speed.
It is very fast but i don't shoot for speed. I like to shoot my Ranger target .22lr out to 100 yards. i take my time with every shot so speed isn't very important to me. it's probably why i don't love this rifle as much as other people do.

· Registered
259 Posts
Does anybody have the .17 HMR variant of the T-Bolt?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.