The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
315 Posts
Many companies make correct bases for the Browning X-Bolt rifles. Your choice of Warne rings and bases(?) is a valid and a good choice.

Concerning one piece bases adding to stability and/or rigidity as opposed to two piece bases. Thak a look at the amount of steel in your X-Bolt's receiver. Now look at the amount of steel in a one piece weaver or picatinny base. I do not believe it can be seriously argued that a thin piece of steel, attached by screws to the top of the receiver, can significantly add to the rifle's stability or to its rigidity.

I'd say, go with the Warne two piece bases (if you are committed to Warne rings) and enjoy your rifle.

· Registered
315 Posts
The type of modern scope mounting system used has minimal effect of the ease or difficulty of boresighting a rifle.

If you are planning on hiring a smith to mount your scope, have him boresight it as well.

· Registered
315 Posts
Hi Roger Welcome to TFF :)
The X-bolt has scope basses that are made by Browning they are the X-lock mounts.
These mounts are made just for this gun by Browning and you should use them they have a 4 screw mount system(for each base).
You can get them from browning.
The receiver is pre-drilled (or so I am told) for these and the bases are one piece(base and rings).There are 2 but each one is a base and ring together in one piece.
So have fun with you new gun.
Mike
If I remember correctly, Browning branded X-Bolt bases and rings are made by Talley.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.