Dismiss Notice

Please be sure to post images when you're asking what the value of your firearm(s) is. We find this to be a necessary tool when determining a value. 

Tags:
  1. Tami Hatcher

Tami Hatcher New Member

IMG_0982.JPG IMG_0983.JPG IMG_0984.JPG IMG_0985.JPG IMG_0982.JPG IMG_0983.JPG IMG_0984.JPG IMG_0985.JPG Hello all,
    Does anyone have an idea as to what my father's rifle is worth? It's a browning made in Belgium. He passed away about 20 years and I believe he bought it sometime during the 60's. I've also attached pictures.

2. joe45c

joe45c Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Tami. i'm not going to be a lot of help here. But sometimes if you go to a on line auction site like ************* and see what other 12ga A-5's shotguns are selling for you can get a better idea. I have seen them going from around $500.00 to 1k. But a lot depends on condition. Also if you go to Shotgun world forum and go to the Browning sub forum, there are a lot of A-5 owners there that might be able to give you a good estimate. They will probably need to see both sides of the butt stock, the forearm, (sometimes they get cracks in them) , and full pics of the barrel to see if there is any rust or pitting. A-5's are great guns, but they made quite a few, so there a lot for sale out there.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
    dbcooper and BlackEagle like this.

3. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Well-Known Member

His rifle is a shotgun.

BlackEagle likes this.
  4. gdmoody

gdmoody Full Time Moderator Moderator Supporting Member

You are right, 12 gauge, she might not know the difference.:D:p Joe picked up on that quickly.

BlackEagle likes this.
  5. Tami Hatcher

Tami Hatcher New Member

You guys are correct. I didn't have a clue it was a shotgun. For whatever reason I just assumed it was a rifle. I really appreciate everyone's responses.

joe45c likes this.
  6. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

Welcome to the forum, Tami.

One of the great things about this forum is that people don't put you down if you are willing to learn. We like to learn and pass on our learning to others.

We like a good laugh, a good chat, and we like to help each other out. There are no dumb questions here, so ask away. We'll try to help.

I'll be interested in this because that looks a lot like my dad's Browning A5.

dbcooper, joe45c, Broot and 1 other person like this.
  7. Tami Hatcher

Tami Hatcher New Member

I'm sure everyone just said geez and rolled their eyes when they saw my post and started yelling "hey, come look at this post from this woman". But everyone has been kind and thoughtful.

BlackEagle, joe45c and Big Mak like this.
  8. howlnmad

howlnmad Old Guy Doing Things Moderator Supporting Member

Nah, there are only a couple of members here that we do that to. :)

9. 2A-Jay

2A-Jay Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Yeah like howlnmad :p:D

10. Big Mak

Big Mak Well-Known Member

We only do that when Howln posts. :D

11. Broot

Broot Well-Known Mumbler Supporting Member

Welcome to to forum, Tami...

And 68c15 :rolleyes::p

Hmm, wonder if Mike was able to fix 68's 1911?

12. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

The guy next to me at my gun club was shooting one of these last weekend. Poly choke and all. He didn't hit many but I think it was him and not the shotgun.

BlackEagle, dbcooper and Broot like this.
  13. sharps4590

sharps4590 Well-Known Member

Come, come now gvw. Don't take away my excuse. It's ALWAYS the firearm or ammo or atmospheric conditions......:D

Welcome Tami!!! There's isn't a person on here who was born knowing what they know now. We all had to learn. I am sorry to hear of the passing of your Father.

BlackEagle, howlnmad, Broot and 2 others like this.
  14. BlackEagle

BlackEagle TFF Chaplain Supporting Member

My uncle had one of those. He just didn't miss when he shot trap. He would catch the empty as it ejected and drop it in his pocket for a friend to reload. By and by he heard some people taking bets behind him. He found out later they were betting whether he would catch the next empty, not whether he would hit the clay pigeon!!

Broot, Big Mak and howlnmad like this.