The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This may not be the place to field this question and if it is just delete it and all will be well. Some thirty or fourty years ago I purchased a muzzle loading rifle barrel from a Wm. Large from Coal Grove, Ohio and intended to make a rifle. At the time I was making furniture for the wife and kids and before I knew it I was not able to do either. I am now 91 and there is no chance that I will ever make my gun, sorry to say. This barrel is 42 cal octagon, 42 inches long with a 4 inch tang. The barrel is marked Wn B Large with four j's below his name that stands for the names of his daughters I think. This barrel has not been touched by file or drill and is in perfect shape. Bill has been dead for at least 30 years. Question #2 is where would I sell this barrel and what would it be worth? I thought someone would have an interest for it wasn't cheap when I bought it. I thank you for any answers

·
Registered
9,415 Posts
Byynele,

Wow, 91? It is a pleasure reading your post. I have no idea about what you are asking but I just wanted to say Hi. Have a god new year and I hope you keep posting.

Jim

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I would like to know is what is it worth and to whom, off the top of your head. Thought someone would be interested but if not I'll put it back in the closet for another 30-40 years!!!

·
TFF Chaplain
23,423 Posts
What I would like to know is what is it worth and to whom, off the top of your head. Thought someone would be interested but if not I'll put it back in the closet for another 30-40 years!!!
You could post pictures and discription on the "Ask the Pros & What's It Worth section...http://www.thefirearmsforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6 --someone there may have some ideas. If you need help posting pictures, just ask. People here are ready and willing to help.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.