The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brown Bag Tints and shades Electric blue Wood
Sleeve Waist Collar Wood Leather

I have this holster and would like to know what gun(s) it was made for? It measures 5-1/2”. And, as the pictures show is stamped 10 F. I’m pretty sure the”F” indicates Floral Carved, but I’m at a loss on the 10. Anybody that can offer assistance is greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
17,999 Posts
That can't be right, because
A - a Colt Anaconda is much larger than a Smith K frame, and
B - there is no way that holster is made for a 4-inch barreled gun.

·
GUNZILLA
8,967 Posts
Would be nice to get a better picture that was smaller. In my computer the picture fills up the whole screen and I have to scroll to see the rest of the holster.

·
Registered
17,999 Posts
Interesting. According to that chart One Shot posted, it is supposed to fit a Colt D frame or a Smith & Wesson J frame, up to four and a half inch barrel.

According to the picture on that chart, their guns had a closed toe.

It is quite possible that someone with a 2 inch gun, having no need for a holster that will accept a 4 and 1/2 inch, did a little modifying.

·
Super Moderator
31,547 Posts
I was just going off of information that I found over on the s&w forum. I couldn't find that chart.

Reactions: gdmoody

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That was my thinking…

Interesting. According to that chart One Shot posted, it is supposed to fit a Colt D frame or a Smith & Wesson J frame, up to four and a half inch barrel.

According to the picture on that chart, their guns had a closed toe.

It is quite possible that someone with a 2 inch gun, having no need for a holster that will accept a 4 and 1/2 inch, did a little modifying.
There’s definitely no signs of modification.

·
Premium Member
8,774 Posts
The charts might be different depending on the era.
This chart lists a 10F for a 25 caliber Colt.
Seems more appropriate for the size of the holster.
Font Sleeve Elbow Poster Monochrome

·
Registered
1 Posts
View attachment 260623 View attachment 260624
I have this holster and would like to know what gun(s) it was made for? It measures 5-1/2”. And, as the pictures show is stamped 10 F. I’m pretty sure the”F” indicates Floral Carved, but I’m at a loss on the 10. Anybody that can offer assistance is greatly appreciated!
Hello Kirby: Your holster is definitely for a Colt 1917 .25 Auto. I know because 1. I carry my .25 in that exact one and 2. I purchased the J.M.Bucheimer (R) co. back in 1980 and our main company has been producing different JMB and Bucheimer Clark(TM) models continously. Hope that helps and please disregard many of those charts found on forums. The main co.,J.M
Bucheimer (R) used to change codes to curtail theft by travelling sales reps in those days who accepted checks for orders. It was a bookkeeping thing. Take care! P.S. Any questions about Bucheimer are welcomed. Check our business profile. JM

1 - 11 of 11 Posts