The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm guessing several days, that is mostly .40 cal, those are 5gallon buckets!

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
even if half was unuseable.. it's a trove of reloading happiness.

my step brother was at a garage sale a year ago and brought home a 5g bucket full of mixed and assorted factory laoded shotgun shells. all gauges and shot sizes. plus a few bags of relaoding lead shot.. plus a few boxes of shotgun primers. plus a mec loader of some sort.. plus an ammo can full of more shotgun shells.. plus a plastic bag of silver plastic hulls, plus a bag of new plastic wads.

got it for 5$ from some woman wanting to get rid of it.

my stepbrother does not own a shotgun.. and does not relaod.

and he won't sell it to me.

WTF? :)

it sets in his garage in a pile. i have to walk by it every weekend when i go over there...

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:banghead::banghead::banghead:

What's his reason for keeping it if he doesn't need it?

·
Registered
21,272 Posts
I, for one can't believe that your "friend" had the nerve to bring you that brass with those chunks of trash in there like that.
He should have sorted it out by caliber and cleaned it up a bit before presenting it to you.

I tell you what, .. you send it to me and I will dispose of it for you:D

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just finished sorting it, took a few ours to sort by caliber, now I need to sort the nickel plated from the brass. It was 95% .40 S&W, some 223
, 9mm and 45 auto, and the shotgun shells, I'm guessing somewhere around 10,000 40's.:D I don't own a 40 so a lot of this may be sold.

·
Registered
18,207 Posts
I don't see hardy any powder burns inside the brass cases. Wonder what powder they were using?
That's factory ammo. Dept regs nationwide prevent the use of reloads in duty weapons.

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
even if half was unuseable.. it's a trove of reloading happiness.

my step brother was at a garage sale a year ago and brought home a 5g bucket full of mixed and assorted factory laoded shotgun shells. all gauges and shot sizes. plus a few bags of relaoding lead shot.. plus a few boxes of shotgun primers. plus a mec loader of some sort.. plus an ammo can full of more shotgun shells.. plus a plastic bag of silver plastic hulls, plus a bag of new plastic wads.

got it for 5$ from some woman wanting to get rid of it.

my stepbrother does not own a shotgun.. and does not relaod.

and he won't sell it to me.

WTF? :)

it sets in his garage in a pile. i have to walk by it every weekend when i go over there...
That would irrate me.

·
Registered
18,034 Posts
he STILL won't let me buy it. keeping it in a non humidity controlled shed now!!!. i told him to at least take the primers in... :(

1 - 16 of 16 Posts