Buckmark Vs S&W 422

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns Guest

Mr Man
    (10/31/01 6:53:03 am)
    Reply Buckmark Vs S&W 422
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Which is the worst .22 pistol for target shooting?
    Browning Buckmark
    S&W 422

Show results

warpig883
    (10/31/01 8:39:33 am)
    Reply Re: Buckmark Vs S&W 422
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I am not happy unless I am miserable

Edited by: warpig883 at: 12/2/01 7:15:08 pm

LIKTOSHOOT
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (10/31/01 9:18:54 am)
    I guess it would depend on which model (Browning) and which barrel length (Smith) General questions get general answers, so I can`t vote.
    America, we are the symbol of Freedom and Liberty......

gpostal
    (10/31/01 10:01:14 am)
    i have the browning buckmark "standard" 5 1/2" barrel ,it can hit shot shells at fifty yards iron sights

Zigzag2
    (10/31/01 11:31:14 am)
    IMOHO...they both suk :lol
    We are talkin' TARGET and not PLINLING...yes?

warpig883
    (10/31/01 3:15:25 pm)
    I am not happy unless I am miserable

Edited by: warpig883 at: 12/2/01 7:16:04 pm

Smoky14
    (12/5/01 7:30:38 pm)
    I'm not up to speed on the Buckmark but let me tell you about my 422.

It has been back to the factory so many times it knows the way all by itself. I've spent more on shipping than I did on the gun.
    The usual stuff: won't feed, extract,eject, splits cases and won't hit the broad side of the barn. I've never gotten a full mag through it without a malfunction.

But I love punishment. A model 10 which they forgot to ream one chamber. A 908 that, on the third round, split the case and blew back in my face, too big a chamber.

Needless to say I buy other brands now.

inplanotx
    (4/26/02 11:13:06 am)
    I have both the S
    I am not a native Texan, but I got here as fast as I could!

Orkan
    (5/5/02 5:07:19 am)
    S&W sold out to the anti-gun activists(terrorists) anyway.
    ... buy a real gun!

ie. ruger, remington, ASA, ...ruger ;-)

wsmc667
    (10/1/02 1:13:01 am)
    i thought s&w was bought back by an american and i'm again allowed to love my mod 48...

4 .22 shorts... plink plink plink plink.
    2 .22 mrf ... BLAM BLAM

wakes up the folks next to ya!
    =)

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (10/1/02 8:44:29 am)
    ezSupporter
    Re: Buckmark Vs S&W 422
    THey are again American owned and all the agreements the prior owners made with the enemy have been voided.

gram22
    (11/19/02 12:25:54 am)
    Reply Buckmark Vs S&W 422
    Call me crazy, but I enjoyed shooting my friend's Buckmark. It was easy to load, loud as hell, and accurate enough to hit a pack of cigarettes at 25 yards. I must say, be careful when choosing ammunition for this gun, it can jam, or send burning particles to your arms. After unloading a clip of cheap Winchester ammunition, I would not go near it without a pair of sunglasses on. One more tip... definetly wear hearing protection, a lot louder than your typical Ruger 10/22.

gram22
    (11/19/02 12:29:29 am)
    Reply Oh yeah...
    Forgot to say, Browning may not have made the best pistol, but the look and finish of these guns are just beautiful. If you don't shoot it, at least it looks good enough to hang on your wall.

Jbobin
    (12/11/02 10:57:57 am)
    Reply New 422.
    My friend bought a brand new 422 Stainless and it shoots fair enough. It had maybe 5 malfunctions in the first 100 rounds, but I would expect this to go down after the gun has more rounds through it. The manual and instructions were top notch and the quality was good for the price ($250).

I am in the middle of deciding between a Buckmark with Aimpoint, used but in fair condition $275, or a better condition Smith and Wesson 422 for $200. I would like to use these for campsite plinking. Maybe I should wait for something better to come along...

JBobin

corpis66
    (12/12/02 5:28:14 pm)
    Reply Re: New 422.
    I have a browning buckmark with the 5 1/2 barrel slab sides...with a bsa red dot sight, the only probs i've had with it yet is i let a friend use it once, and he loaded hollow points into it...all shots went well, except #4...not sure if it was a bad bullet or it got caught in the feeding ramp...other than that thousands of rounds later...still shoots like it did out of the box.

libertyman777
    (1/15/03 11:53:55 pm)
    Reply Buckmark
    I have a buckmark field target model that I picked up used for $250. With my BSA red dot I can hit shot gun hulls at 25 yards no problem and I'm no pistol shot. Just my two cents.

Rat A Tat SR
    (2/23/03 12:50:53 pm)
    Reply Re: Buckmark
    I had a s&w 422 black 4"bbl. It was the worst of all. Jamomatic. Get a High Standard, Buckmark or Ruger. Accurate & fun

Goodolboy21
    (3/4/03 3:50:42 pm)
    Reply Re: Buckmark
    i have had a buckmark with the 5 1/2 heavy barrel and i love it. it miss fires everynow and them and jams even less but what .22 dosent. also me and my brother use it in a bowling pin competition and with its hair trigger and heavy barrel makes it a target gun.