The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife is building an AR-15 chambered in 450 Bushmaster. I’m wanting to get a budget friendly scope that would be good out to 200 yards. Any recommendations and anything in stock? Thanks folks.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Right now a good scope in your price range is going to be hard to find, just about everything is out of stock.
I would suggest you look at shotgun scopes, they have to be made extra solid & have enough eye relief so you won't get scope eye. I have a few Simmons Pro Diamond shotgun scopes on my hunting rifles & they work fine but are not being made anymore.

·
Super Moderator
40,189 Posts
I just got on Amazon and did a search for "scopes for rifles" and came up with 7 pages of scopes ranging from less that $50 to right about $2500. Any one of them would probably make a good choice. The only ones that I would stay away from would be Barska, I have had three of them and all were junk. I would recommend BSA as a line of "Budget" scopes.

·
Premium Member
19,613 Posts
Nikon P223 is a good compact AR scope with outstanding glass.
Nikon will be out of the scope business this year. They were my go-to brand before I found this out. I have a Vortex Strike Eagle on my AR now and it looks good.

·
Registered
5,470 Posts
Nikon will be out of the scope business this year. They were my go-to brand before I found this out. I have a Vortex Strike Eagle on my AR now and it looks good.
Yes they will be...but they will still be in business and honor their warranties. Hands down the best scope for the money in my book. They know glass. Their camera lenses are legendary for good reason.

·
Super Moderator
40,189 Posts
Other than the BSA scopes, I also have a couple of Nikons, they are great scopes. I also have a couple of Vortex that I bought before they got so expensive. Another "Budget" scope that I bought for my vision impaired grandson is a Sightmark, it turned out to be a really good scope.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I just got on Amazon and did a search for "scopes for rifles" and came up with 7 pages of scopes ranging from less that $50 to right about $2500. Any one of them would probably make a good choice. The only ones that I would stay away from would be Barska, I have had three of them and all were junk. I would recommend BSA as a line of "Budget" scopes.
They have a Pinty that also has a holographic sight and a laser for 99.00. I don't think I would trust it on a .22. For about 220.00 you can get a 3-9 X 40 Leupold Rifleman. I have one I used on a Weatherby 257 mag. I have it in QD mounts for my AR but haven't used it on it yet.

·
Premium Member
9,797 Posts
Primary Arms has a big sale of some of there optics according to their site; I like their scopes. Vortex makes a pretty good scope for the money.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
My budget is around the $150 range. I will go more to get something that’s better quality so it will last. The gun will not be a range gun so it won’t be shot that much but I want it to put in work when it’s needed.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
Mueller scopes are good. The Vortex vanquish is probably a good scope but the Crossfire shown is a 32 MM objective and most 32's are rimfire scopes. Even if it wasn't I don't think I'd want to go under 40 MM. The Leupold I posted is a little over your budget but the Leupold name speaks for itself. It does have friction adjustments which some people don't like but I like it better than the 1/4 clicks of most scopes.

·
Registered
Pensacola Florida
3,673 Posts
Reactions: shootbrownelk
1 - 20 of 23 Posts