The Firearms Forum banner

Bulgarian AK-47 Mags

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  streetbob 
#1 ·
Hey Guys, I just bought 2-30 round Bulgarian 7.62x39 Mags from the gun show and when I went to load them 1 would hold all 30 rounds and 1 would only hold 29 rounds. I took the one that would only hold 29 rounds apart and cleaned and lubed it, but it would still only fit 29 rounds. When you look at the peep hole on the 29 round mag it doesn't show a round, but the 30 round one does. Is there any way I can maybe cut a piece of the spring to hold all 30 rounds?

#3 ·
Well RJay I am just anal like that. The mag was supposed to hold x amount of rounds and it didn't so I had to fix it. Good news is I just fixed it, took the other spring out of the working one and measured them. The working spring was 3-4" shorter then the other, so I counted the corners of the springs and they both had 23 corners. So I took the longer spring to the garage and zip tied the corners down 4 at a time till the spring was completely compressed. After that I took all the zip ties off and measured it to the working spring, it was only 1/2" longer then. I put the mag back together and loaded it to the top and all 30 rounds fit into the mag.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.