The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

· Registered
140 Posts
Placed the order for 500 at 2pm Got an email at 2:28 pm stating the order shipped-free shipping to boot.
Yeah, I have paid a lot less for 55gr BT but in today's environment I guess I have become enured to the higher prices.
Thanks AR Guy for the heads up--- I can now finish up loading the rest of my brass when the package gets delivered in 3 days.

Gary

· Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
At other places shipping cost almost what the bullets cost. Everglades is pretty good.

· Registered
2,098 Posts
I've only reloaded a minimal amount of .224 nosler partitions for when we use to shoot caribou with the A2 prebans; then all the other AR platform calibers came out; the .556s never come outta the safe nowadays. AR Guy, best thing I ever did was buy 9-10 cases of win Q3131 white box around 1990. And to think the wife thought I was nutty for spending $179/thou; she don't no more. We've shot that white box off for years now and never bought no more .556 ever again.

No joke, you watch in about 6 months, there will be good .556 at fair prices. That's when you make your move and forget about it; and all the future ammo worries will be gone, no joke. Even the wife doesn't regret it today. I keep reminding her in a few months she's going to have to spend a few gran on 308 win.

· Registered
140 Posts
Z

I hope you are correct.

I only purchased the bullets because I needed to finish a run of 5.56 that I started and ran out of 55gr. bullets.

I, like you, stocked up over the years and can wait out even a lengthy period of consumer stupidity on most everything. The empty cases of prepped 5.56 just kept staring at me and saying "finish the job, dummy" so I went and bought the overpriced (slightly) bullets.

Perhaps once the "day traders" in ammunition and supplies get low on cash they will cease buying up excessive amounts in the hope to flip the deal and profit mightily. It appears for all I read and hear that manufacturers are running full tilt to supply the chain.
We'll see.

Gary

· Registered
19,684 Posts
I'm glad to see the bulk bullets in stock again
it is a good sign

I have been very lucky over the past 45 days and have caught Hornady VMax bullets for under $20 a box both at Midway and Cabellas so I am stocked up for awhile

I used to love to get the Midway Dogtown bullets , I remember not too long ago they were under 10 cents each when you bought 1000

oh the good ole days

· Registered
140 Posts
Indeed good pricing.
Although hopeful that prices can and will return to a more sensible level, I am skeptical in that once acclimatized to higher prices there is little incentive to lower them(see gasoline pricing)--this will truly date me in that I vividly remember getting Sunoco gasoline for 17.9 cents/gallon.
Granted that was in the early 60's and the 4 stations - one on each corner - were having a price war but look now, we are happy to get $3.50/gallon gas.

Enjoy the memories as I am afraid the old days of "blasting ammo" just for the hell of it are gone unless you are of independent means.

Gary

· Super Moderator
45,420 Posts
Does anyone think the price is good? I bought some 223 bullets at Christmas from Magnus for $90/1000 that look just like these (FMJ). $260/1000 seems like rape to me.
It seems very high to me also. I personally would not buy them at that price. I did save the link in my favorites in hope that they will be another source once the gouging stops.

· Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Right before Obama said he wanted to ban guns, like October 1000 were $120. That's when I got my first bullets. Didn't buy from there agin yet, just cuz of price. Too high for me.

· Registered
16 Posts
I find this to be really expensive too. I was at the gun show in Palm Beach County early this month and found them for $190/1000. If you are willing to wait on them you can find them cheaper than that. Just need to find somewhere that lets you backorder...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.