The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
GUNZILLA
6,493 Posts
Use the inertia hammer to get the wadcutter out. Place a couple of the foam earplugs at the bottom to protect the bullet from deforming So you can re-use it.

·
Premium Member
12,431 Posts
You can use a smaller collet to grab the nose, I do it all the time. Just pulled a bunch of 8mm, .323 using a 30 cal. collet. There's no law that says you have to use a .357 collet, you use what works. Pulling just a few an inertia puller is ok. If you have very many to pull, they're slower than molasses in January.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
You can use a smaller collet to grab the nose, I do it all the time. Just pulled a bunch of 8mm, .323 using a 30 cal. collet. There's no law that says you have to use a .357 collet, you use what works. Pulling just a few an inertia puller is ok. If you have very many to pull, they're slower than molasses in January.
ummm, how do you grab the nose of a wadcutter?

·
Premium Member
12,431 Posts
LOL!!!!.....like grabbing the nose of an enraged boar hog, very carefully.

I saw "semi-wadcutter" and I suppose because I have never loaded a full wadcutter in my life....sheesh....you're right, inertia puller.

·
Premium Member
4,277 Posts
I have smacked my inertia puller so hard on the concrete before I'm amazed that it hasn't shattered. But it keeps on going.

·
Super Moderator
26,990 Posts
I've broken 2, a RCBS that the handle ripped out of the head and a Berrys that the handle snapped off of.

·
Super Moderator
40,178 Posts
Get yourself an inertia puller for those wadcutters.

I've been using the same RCBS inertia bullet puller for close to 45 years. The aluminium shaft is slightly bowed and I see tiny fractures in the plastic. Those fractures have been there for about 10 years and I expect the whole thing to shatter every time I whack it, but it still works every time.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I said wadcutter but I think they are really semi-wadcutters.

I want to pull them to insert farg hollow point for my .357.

Thanks for the replies,
Dale
EDIT: Just ordered a Lyman puller to try out.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Inertia hammer version is best for your type bullet pulling. Remember you can't be gentle, whack tha snot out of it.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Whack it good. Whack hard. Whack it like you hate it.

FYI. A trick is to use a regular loading press cartridge/shell holder in a kinetic bullet pull as apposed to the three segment collet held together by an O ring.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks PRR,
I bought a Lyman puller. I love it, it works.

Thanks for the tip also. I will give that a try.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts