The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What are the Bushnell models in order of quality? Are any of those models carried over from Bausch & Lomb?

·
Registered
7,993 Posts
I am not a Bushnell scope authority, but I have owned 7 or 9 of the 3X9 Sportview models over the past 40 years. In my experiance, I generally like them, but I have found the quality to be hit-or-miss.

I have had 2 seperate incidents where the recticle snapped on the first shot fired from .30-06 rifles. Both were replaced at no charge, but that is bothersome. I've had 2 others that would not retain a zero. Five others have performed flawlessly.

Others have stated that they don't like Bushnell's optical clarity. I have no issue with that myself. I've used them hunting and target shooting and found most of them to be very good quality - overall. I've also had both good and bad Weaver and Lepold scopes. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, my interest is in comparing the different models and to know how/if B&L was incorporated into the lineup.

·
Registered
10,066 Posts
Here is the menu from the official Bushnell webpage that is at

http://www.bushnell.com

Elite Tactical
Elite 6500
Elite
Legend Ultra-HD
AR Optics
Tactical Red Dot
Trophy XLT
Banner

The higher quality scopes are on the top of the list.

I have many Trophy series scopes and they are rugged, dependable, and well made (in China, I believe, but what isn't?). They are what I would class as a mid level scope. The Elite series are priced close to the Burris and Leopolds but I have not used the Elites. I have both of those brands too but I find them to have no advantages over the Trophy's I have. I can not see the difference by looking through them. The older Burris scopes have had problems with the O-ring seals to the point that it takes a lot of effort to move them (Parallax adjustment) but they are almost 25 years old. I have always felt based on performance that the Leopolds were over priced. I cringe at the prices of the premium European scopes. I find the Bushnell Trophy's more than adequate at a reasonable price. I stay away from the cheap scopes as I had a couple of the cheapy ones come apart (TASCO models). Most all the scopes I have are higher power varmint scope (6-18 or fixed power around the upper end of the variables).

I recommend the Trophy's but personally that is the lowest price level that I would go with in the Bushnell line.

LDBennett

1 - 4 of 4 Posts