bushnell scopes input please

Discussion in 'Feedback Forum' started by cycloneman, Mar 26, 2016.

1. cycloneman

cycloneman Well-Known Member

I have in the past bought high end bushnell scopes and i have had great service from them

I am looking at some new scopes i would like to buy from bushnell but now i see they are made in china.

Has anyone purchased and what do you think about bushnell "made in china" scopes?

2. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

It has been years since I bought a Bushnell so I can't help you. The last scope I bought was a Vortex.

3. carver

carver Moderator Supporting Member

They still offer a life time warranty on their top of the line scopes. I won't hesitate to buy Bushnell. Every thing you get these days is made in China, well almost. I just bought one a few weeks back, a Bushnell Banner, for a .22LR. I have one on my 30-30 with the lighted reticle. IMO, they are just about as good as anything out there.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2016
    jim brady likes this.
  4. ral357

ral357 Well-Known Member

I don't think Bushnell are bad scopes but Nikon is hard to beat. Comparing scopes at the same price point...The Nikon looks clearer and brighter to my eye. I believe they are made in the Philippines these days. They are said to have a good warranty program but better than that I haven't had the need to try it out.

shootbrownelk, dbcooper and carver like this.
  5. gunluvur

gunluvur Member

I had a Nikon 3x9x40 scope that would not hold zero. Tried it on different rifles and different rings and mounts. Sent it back and it was supposedly fixed, tried it again on another different rifle, rings and mounts, did the same thing. No more Nikon scopes for me.

carver likes this.
  6. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

I must be 'blinder than a bat' because I really can't see all that much difference between a decent $100 scope and one that costs $1000. I don't 'go-cheap' on my firearms, but as far as scopes, Bushnell scopes are generally hard to beat.

I've have both U.S. and China made Bushnell scopes over the years, and you can get a crap one (and exchange it back for a good one) same as any other product made. Most of my scopes have been the Bushnell Banner 3X9 class. I like them. I've had other name-brand scopes like Redfield, Weaver and Leupold, but none have out-performed the Bushnells. The others just cost more. I have to bashfully admit that my all time favorite scope - one that crowns my 1903 Springfield "sniper rifle" - is a no-name range finding 3X9. With that rifle/scope/M72 Match Loads I never shoot the 10 ring at 100 yards - I shoot the 1/2" printer's mark on the corner of the target. I think I paid $25 used at a Gun Show for it. Just saying that big money doesn't necessarily mean a good scope.

m77user, carver and jedwil like this.
  7. stev32k

stev32k Well-Known Member

I bought a Bushnell scope about a month ago and so far I love it. It's the Bushnell Banner dusk to dawn 6-18 X 50 and It's the brightest scope I've used. I have a Nikon Monarch 3 5-20 X 44 and the cheap Bushnell is brighter and clearer.

Edit: I just looked and the scope was made in China

Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
    m77user, carver and jedwil like this.
  8. cycloneman

well
    i ordered one.
    I have 2 of the elite 4200 and they are darn good scopes.

this is a cheaper model, we will see.

shootbrownelk and carver like this.
  9. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I have bought a couple of the $150 range Busnell scopes over the past years. I have had not one bit of trouble with them. The adjustments are crisp and the glass is clear.
    I have pretty much switched over to Nikon though. Nikon makes a heck of a scope for the same price range plus they have all of the Android aps for the BDCs on the various scopes. I makes long range shooting really fun

carver likes this.
  10. howlnmad

howlnmad Well-Known Member

I've got two. Couldn't tell you off hand what nationality they are but, as long as I do my part they do theirs.

carver and dbcooper like this.
  11. Don Fischer

Don Fischer Well-Known Member

Something about made in China product's, they are made to the manufacturer's specification's. If I wanted a new scope I would worry less about where it was made and more if I liked it or could afford it. A cheap scope I bought years ago was a Tasco World Class, well under $100. I used it on a 25-06 and a 6.5x06 and then gave it to a kid wanting a scope, it's still running today. I did buy a Bushnell 4-12, I think it was. Didn't have luck with it. Took it back and got a full refund.

BTW, I have a 3-9 Bushnell Banner on a 25-06 that's older than probably most the people on here! Works great.

carver likes this.
  12. jsjj388

jsjj388 Well-Known Member

HICKTOWN (AKA HAMPTONVILLE), NORTH CAROLINA
    I have a couple bushnells, they work great.

dbcooper and carver like this.
  13. cycloneman

I forgot about this therad.

well i purchased a ar223 from them and took it to the range. so far so good. I like it

firefighter1635 likes this.
  14. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

You've never looked through "quality" glass then. Check out your $100 dollar scopes then look through a Nightforce or a US optics. You'll see a difference.

Broot and Swifty Morgan like this.
  15. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Adjusting for inflation, the scopes I've owned would hardly be "$100 scopes" in today's money. I've owned Weavers, Redfields and of course the Bushnells. If anyone feels justified or needs to mount an expensive scope on their hunting rifle - bless you and go for it. I'll be happy for you, but not envious.

Cycloneman asked about Bushnell scopes, and I gave him my honest opinion. I still hold the opinion that dollar-for-dollar on a rifle that will be toted thru the woods, you can't go wrong with a decent Bushnell. You certainly CAN spend more for a high-end hunting scope, and if that floats your boat - go for it.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    Don Fischer, Hawg and jsjj388 like this.