The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And yet another example of why not to shoot other people’s reloads. I was at my gunsmith’s when he breaks these out and proceeds to tell their story. Two weeks ago we had a gun show here in Lawton, Oklahoma of which I attended BTW. Apparently a young man bought these rounds there and was having problems with them cycling in his 300 Blackout AR. Long story short looks like the guy loaded 30-30 bullets in the cases. Not sure if this is acceptable as I believe they are the same diameter but maybe due to the shape it caused an issue. In any event, the kid paid $150 for 100 rounds that are now in my possession. My plan was to pull the bullets to see just what they are and save them for my Winchester.

1D255749-414F-4E83-A417-C7B182CAC2BB.jpeg

·
Registered
545 Posts
Bullet diameter is the same for .30-30, .308, .300AAC

My experience shooting my AR in .300AAC is it doesn't like round nose or flat point round nose due to the bluntness of the bullet on the feed ramps.

And X2 what Jim said above!!!!

Is the brass at least actual .300AAC or is it reworked 5.56?

·
Registered
4,219 Posts
A HUNDRED and FIFTY DOLLARS FOR THAT!!!!? Was the Seller wearing a mask to make the robbery official? Jumpin' Jee-Hoseafat. Those look like reloads to top it off. If I ever did a thing like that I could never again look in a mirror.
I choked a bit too, reading that!
Mark, I've loaded those 110's from .30 carbine all the way up to a .300WM. They're a hoot in the .300, got 4000fps! Accuracy sucks, but they went right through 1/4" steel plate at 200yrds. Rangemaster wasn't real happy about his swiss cheese turkey silhouettes though. In your 30/30, you can bump them into the 25-2600fps range with decent accuracy at 100yrds.

·
TFF Chaplain
19,655 Posts
That little cross in a circle. Isn't that NATO?

If so, it's likely military brass.

·
Super Moderator
39,831 Posts
$150 for that, WOW, what idiot would pay that? Oh wait, somebody did! When I had a .300BO, I loaded 150 grain FMJ bullets in them. Never tried the carbine bullets.

Bill, the little cross in the circle IS NATO and that does mean they are cut down 5.56 brass.

·
Registered
5,149 Posts
110gr-they don't like to feed in either AR or bolt--when single fed through bolt,they are fun....150$-dumb,I load these for .11 a round(NOS)

·
Premium Member
3,846 Posts
WOW, I know people are desperate for ammunition but WOW...........

I ONCE bought reloads for a 38 at a gun show............. NEVER again.

·
Registered
9,769 Posts
The round lowest in Firpo's hand appears to have a dimple from a light strike.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts