The Firearms Forum banner

Buying Ammunition Over The Internet

3K views 16 replies 15 participants last post by  pawn 
#1 ·
Living in a rural area, I have a long drive to a gun shop, or to Wally World. I have been buying ammunition over the internet for a long time. I have found some good deals at Sportsman's Guide, Impact Guns, AIM, etc. I recently made a purchase from Graf and Sons, and have to say I got a better price than Wally World, and low priced shipping to boot. They took my order on a Sunday night, and Fed Ex delivered it the next Wednesday morning. I will always check them first, before I use another business.

#3 ·
Graf and Sons is one of my favorites online. I purchase a good bit of reloading supplies from them, as they are the best source for 7.5X55 Swiss brass, dies, etc. that I've found. In addition, they do one thing that MidwayUSA refused to do for me: hold in-stock items until backordered items are in to save shipping charges. Not talking about holding them for weeks, but just a day or two. MidwayUSA refused to do that on one order, while Graf had no problems whatsoever.

#12 ·
I've been considering setting up a business to sell higher quality ammo and hard-to-get calibers on the internet (i.e., not competing with WalMart, Dicks, Galyans, Cabella's and Gander Mtn), but everyone I've tried to get interested in that project assumes (1) you can't ship it; (2) shipping costs will place the total retail price through the roof; (3) no one will buy it off the internet; and (4) the liability will be prohibitive.

I think all those assumptions are totally bogus, but what do y'all think?

#16 ·
I usually buy mine from J&G Sales, mostly for the .380 and surplus 7.62x54r ammo.

#17 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.