C&R or not?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

SW Man
    (3/21/02 11:45:36 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All C&R or not?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have two rifles that I would like to know if they are classified as C&R or not. One is a Ishaopre Enfield in 309 caliber, also what is it's actual model designation? The other is a Spanish mauser in 308 caliber. What is it's actual model designation and Who made them?

Thanks in advance
    The second admendment GUARANTEES the Constitution and the other nine.

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/22/02 7:46:54 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: C&R or not?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The Ishapore 2A, No. 1 Mk III rifles in .308 caliber were made in the Ishapore arsenal in India from the mid 1950s to late 1960s. However, they are rare enough that the importers got a C&R determination on them from the BATF. Both Navy Arms and J&G Sales have them available right now transferrable as C&R.

The Spanish M1916 Mauser carbines converted to .308 are also listed as C&R, and there are a lot of them available on the market. They were originally 7mm Mauser carbines made in the 1920s and 1930s that were later rebarreled by the Spanish government to .308.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/22/02 11:26:58 am)
    Bob, do parts for the M93 Spanish mausers interchange with the M1916 ones? I'm thinking sights and handguards, bayonets, that sort of thing...
    "Don't hear him call you an @sshole, hear WHY he's calling you an @sshole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (3/22/02 12:02:51 pm)
    I have never compared them to see, but I do believe they are different and do not interchange.
    Crusty Cruffler of Fine Spanish Pistols - Eibar Rules!