The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know '30 mauser' is the standard 7.63x25 for the broomhandles.. etc.

anyone know if any were ever chambered in 30 luger?

I know some were in 9, and the chinese variants in .45acp / box cannon.. etc..

others?

·
Registered
18,248 Posts
I never heard of any in 30 Luger. It would make no sense. They did the 9 Luger because it was the German army pistol round. Same as Smith and Colt doing the 1917 revolver in 45 ACP.

There was one called 9mm Mauser. Best as I can figger, it was a 7.63x25 necked up to 9mm. Did not have the feeding troubles the shorter 9x19 round has in that "x25" magazine. But it was only made for a short time. Don't know why they discontinued it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9×25mm_Mauser

·
Premium Member
14,149 Posts
I never heard of any in 30 Luger. It would make no sense. They did the 9 Luger because it was the German army pistol round. Same as Smith and Colt doing the 1917 revolver in 45 ACP.

There was one called 9mm Mauser. Best as I can figger, it was a 7.63x25 necked up to 9mm. Did not have the feeding troubles the shorter 9x19 round has in that "x25" magazine. But it was only made for a short time. Don't know why they discontinued it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/9×25mm_Mauser
The 30 Luger's the 7.65x21mm cartridge introduced by DWM in 1898.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i know '30 mauser' is the standard 7.63x25 for the broomhandles.. etc.

anyone know if any were ever chambered in 30 luger?

I know some were in 9, and the chinese variants in .45acp / box cannon.. etc..

others?
Hello,

I am new here. Joined due to the .30 Luger question, regarding C-96 Broomhandle Pistols. Over 10 years ago, I purchased a C-96 Bolo pistol at a Tampa, Fl. gun show. It took me awhile, but I finally figured out, that it had been rechambered from 7.63 by 25 to 7.65 by 21, which is .30 Luger. The former "Broom Closet" expert, in Florida, noted that while C-96's never left the factory chambered for .30 Luger, people have done many different things to them. Like the Hans Solo Star Wars pistol/blaster. Or the way I have remodeled several old V.W.'s.

Why would someone rechamber it? Good question. Most likely answer, someone had a whole lot of .30 Luger, and just thought it was a neat idea! I ordered new springs for my Bolo, from Wolf Spring Company. Stripper clips from E-Bay. Yes, original C-96 stripper clips work perfectly with .30 Luger. Several boxes of Fiocci .30 Luger, purchased, shoots extremely well. I will be deploying it if I ever encounter a Zombie assault, or any other type. It has class, style, and reliability. Rather like my Lady. Do you have a suspected .30 Luger C-96, soundguy? I took a wax impression of my C-96 chamber, by sealing the breech with plasticine, and pouring a bit of wax down the bore.....after putting a bit of WD-40 as a release. Popped out the wax "cartridge" and used calipers. Got one round of .30 Luger at a flea market, perfect fit. A round of standard Mauser ammunition in the chamber, sticks OUT 3 MM or so, no good.
Regards,
Robert/ a.k.a. Mazeppa

·
Registered
19,290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Back when I wrote this I was looking at one I suspect was in 30 luger. I can't recall if I bought it or not. I do have 30 luger on hand for a luger I own.

I have also seen / heard of rare 8mm variants of c96

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.