cabela's gun auction ( 1 2 )

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ruffitt, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ruffitt

ruffitt *TFF Admin Staff* In Heaven Now

rjjrwi
    (4/8/02 6:47:12 am)
    | Edit | Del All cabela's gun auction
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    hi I tried to post this over on GB but they kept deleting my post about it so I thought I would try it over here.

Cabela's is having a 500 gun auction open to the public on the 13th and 14th (this weekend ) in Owatonna MN you can find out more about it by going to their web site www.cabelas.com

Edited by: Zigzag2 at: 4/8/02 8:22:25 am

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/8/02 7:17:17 am)
    | Edit | Del Re: cabela's gun auction
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hi rjjrwi and welcome to The Firearms Forum.

And thanks for the Heads-up

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/8/02 8:26:09 am)
    Brand x kept deleting.....imagine that.

BlackGun
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/8/02 9:58:02 am)
    Hi ya rjjrwi and welcome aboard.
    I suffer from occasional loss of mental stability, and become very violent with only slight provocation. The Veterans Administration has determined that both mental and physical harassment of my person may be hazardous to your health and well being. So stay away from my Donuts!!

BlackGUN

280freak
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/8/02 10:18:25 am)
    Welcome aboard, glad ya found us.

You'll notice a lot of familiar names here. You will also notice that there is far less poofing. Enjoy!

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (4/8/02 10:32:24 am)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: cabela's gun auction
    rjjrwi: ( I thot I wuz tha only 1 with a different name. )

The auction? Is it a new item with cabela?
    Thanks for the Info.

Charlie D
    Life is a spectacle or feast;
    here at TFF it is a momentous &
    important happening each and every
    day! ENJOY.

Edited by: Different name at: 4/8/02 11:35:02 am

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/8/02 11:16:23 am)
    Welcome and thanks for the notice, I tend to pass on auctions with buyers reserves/premiums. Bad habit from the car days. LTS
    T.F.F.

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/8/02 12:37:26 pm)
    So THAT'S why you are such a prick on your auctions, LTS, I KNEW there had to be an underlying reason for such an otherwise friendly and easygoing guy HERE to go Dr. Jekyl on them...

I guess the difference is I enjoyed BUYING cars...especially the part that goes...

"What do you mean, you have to go talk to a manager? I didn't know you were just a FLUNKIE here! If you can't say yes or no right NOW, the offer is off, get somebody out here with the authority to decide and we'll start over from the beginning...I REALLY hate it when somebody wastes my time like this..etc,etc,etc..."

(God I love that part.... )
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/8/02 12:51:23 pm)
    Yep, I was the manager and I broomed a many of your sort. Talk is cheap, my way or the HIWAY! heheheheh
    T.F.F.

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/8/02 5:09:33 pm)
    The worst one I ever bought was a new VW in 86...took me about 8 hours and two packs of cigarettes to get it for $100 over his invoice, imports are so much tougher to deal on, no "holdback"...AND got what I had to have on the trade...no "show me" stuff with me, offer the trade AFTER you agree on the final price to see what they are REALLY giving you for it...I don't care if you deal from retail or wholesale, but dammit the trade is a SEPERATE deal, whichever you use as a starting point on the new car is where you are going to start on the trade...you do NOT deal from retail to me, then let me sell a car to you at WHOLESALE...but then I guess the number of stupid people that allow themselves to get hosed like that are what let them sell to me at my price... Just LET some idiot sales geek try to "show me" more of a trade on "that car...I'll eat him for lunch...

But I finally did get him to lose the "dealer prep" BS, which is TOUGH on imports, but is the first thing that gets crossed off on an American car, and I got "Free Ziebart Protection" after I pointed out the BS about "rust-proofing" a car for free money, that says right in the owners manual for gosh sakes that "no further rust-proofing is necessary or advised..." (I had an 85, I read the manual... ) Heck, at one point we were arguing about the darn FLOOR mats, like I need $125 mats, he crossed them off, and I'll be damned if when I picked the car up they were gone...

But on an American car, if the guy WON'T show me his invoice, AND sell it to me at that price, I walk...the Chevy dealer I've dealt with for awhile now shows me the invoice right off the top...if nobody is around at the time to see it...

New cars are SO much easier to buy than used, though.....

It's AMAZING at how close negotiation skills parallel interrogation skills...
    "Don't hear him call you an ---hole, hear WHY he's calling you an ---hole." -------- From "A Season on the Brink"

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/8/02 5:31:13 pm)
    GOD! I lived for your kind. Twelve years of Dodge, Ford, Nissan,Toyota, Mazda, Mitsubishi. Mental midgets meeting of the minds, let me fix that invoice for you, hold back, get back, roll back, step back, jump back. I don`t want your trade, don`t need it. Try Hawk Motors....."See Hawk, don`t walk."
    T.F.F.

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/8/02 5:48:59 pm)
    Hey meester ya wanna buy.....nah, whats the use? I can see I am a poor sheep thrown in with a pack of wolves(read swamp bunnies)

heheh

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (4/8/02 7:12:29 pm)
    rjjrwi

Welcome to TFF and you can post any auction notice you like here. We are very lenient and tend to have a lot of fun.

Hope you stick around

Dave3
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/8/02 8:34:20 pm)
    Hey Polish Head south to the town with the prison in it. My buddy runs the dealership and would probably trade for guns. I just put a window in his house and I'm getting an M1Garaned (or is it Garand). I've bought a couple guns from him and can't help but think "he's a car salesman I bet I got took" but everthing has turned out to be fair so far.

rjjrwi
    (4/8/02 9:42:02 pm)
    Thanks to you all for the warm welcome. Appreciate your friendly approval and thanks for not poofing me right off the bat. Looking forward to reading and participating in the discussions. Thanks again for making me feel welcome.

idsman75
    (4/8/02 10:54:18 pm)
    Sweet, Owatonna is about four hours away on my way back to my parents' place in Minneapolis. If I can swing time off this weekend I may just have to shoot up and see what there is to see!

polishshooter
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/9/02 10:37:03 am)
    Hey rj, we do NOT "Poof right off the bat" ANYBODY...(Unless somebody mistakes us for HCT...)(Or the darn EZBoard does a "surprise upgrade" and anything posted exactly during the "fix" goes to the Ozone...)

I apologize for the "tangents" we (I?)get off on, it's annoying to some, fun for others, human nature for Polaks but me saying at this point "feel free to post anything about anything here" would be kinda like somebody telling us "feel free to breath..."

We ARE all equals here, those of us that jump in and talk too darn much are simply those who have been here so long we have lost all pretense at shyness, tact, or sometimes basic intelligence... which is to what you should aspire!

Again, welcome.

HerbyJr
    V.I.P. Member
    (4/9/02 5:58:35 pm)
    Hey Polish, Some of us are a little more "equal" than others...hehehe

H.
    CLICK HERE to visit Hawg Ryder's All HD Tech Forum

TallTLynn
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (4/9/02 6:45:58 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    rjjrwi - welcome to the boards - looks like the guys have all welcomed you so while late in my welcome let it not be said I forgot (which by the way I'm prone to doing).

Hope you enjoy yourself here!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (4/9/02 6:55:49 pm)
    | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Welcome Aboard rjjrwi!
    TFF VMBB Email Tac

rjjrwi
    (4/9/02 7:29:43 pm)
    Thanks TallTLynn, Tac401

Different name : As far as I know this is the first time they have done anything like this.
    One thing I find interesting is that last friday they ( Cabela's ) where in La Crosse Wi guying up guns , they run a add in the local paper and rented a motel room right across from the local Gander Mountain store to do it . Kind of made the guys over at gander a little p.o. so they ( gander Mountain ) had to run a add them self letting the public know they buy gun all the time , it worked out ok for me any ways because during this time they ( g.m. ) took in a NIB sig 239 and it just happened to hit the display case this morning , about 10 minuets later when I showed up, it went on lay away, got it with its carring case ,spare mag all for $499 plus tax not to bad right

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.