California passes bill to take guns from those in the ‘Hate Crime Loophole’

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by gvw3, Sep 13, 2017.

1. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member

Lawmakers this week unanimously approved a bill to strip gun rights from those convicted of misdemeanor hate crimes.

The measure, AB 785, passed the California Legislature without a single “no” vote and is backed by Assemblyman Reggie Jones-Sawyer, D-Los Angeles, who argues the proposal heading to Gov. Brown’s desk is timely considering recent events.

“There are too many examples in our country’s recent history, which show what a firearm can do in the hands of people who practice hate,” said Jones-Sawyer in a statement. “The recent incident in Charlottesville, where heavily armed Neo-Nazis, Klansmen and white supremacists, spewing hatred and inciting violence under the guise of protecting free speech and the right to bear arms, is not what the founding fathers of this great nation were protecting when they drafted our constitution.”

His bill, the Disarm Hate Act, adds to the state’s already existing list of misdemeanor crimes that result in an automatic 10-year prohibition on possessing a firearm. The additions would include those who are convicted of misdemeanor interference with another person’s civil rights or damage of property because of their perceived race, religion, national origin, disability, gender, or sexual orientation. Violations would be a felony and result in a lifetime gun ban.

See more: http://www.guns.com/2017/09/13/cali...6cb&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

joe45c and Kweeksdraw like this.
  2. gvw3

gvw3 Well-Known Member

joe45c, Kweeksdraw and jim brady like this.

3. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Personally, I can understand the sentiment behind such a bill... However, I cannot seem to say this loud enough...

SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!

Meaning that it can't be treated upon by some state laws and a liberals opinion.

I was unaware that antifa were white supremacists, klansmen, or neo-nazis...

joe45c and Kweeksdraw like this.
  4. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I wonder, are that also going to ban bottles, bricks, sticks and stones... ???

What really gets me, is someone (Jones-Sawyer) sat up, probably until the wee hours of the morning concocting this gibberish, and then was late to the assembly (maybe)... when they(jones-sawyer) could have been doing something constructive like trying to get the state out of financial trouble... heck, they could have had a bake sale or something... ANYTHING...o_O

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 13, 2017
    Conman, joe45c, PRR1957 and 4 others like this.
  5. firefighter1635

firefighter1635 Well-Known Member

Isn't your statement an oxymoron? How can one understand the sentiment behind such bill in one breathe, and in the next say Shall not feeling infringed in big bold text in the next breathe? I'm confused:confused:.

Let me get this bill right. If I lived in the people's republic of commiefornia(which I'd never think about). And a dirty muzzy done something I didn't like, and I called said dirty muzzy a dirty muzzy, I'd lose my 2A rights if charged with the crime of calling a dirty muzzy a dirty muzzy?

joe45c, jedwil, PRR1957 and 5 others like this.
  6. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Sounds about right, FF...

7. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

You just can't make this stuff up. They could gather up all of the script writers who ever wrote for Johnny Carson and Bob Hope and never be able to come up with the material that the current batch of California Legislators have dreamed up. (At least when Hope or Carson said it - it was for laughs)

Too bad they are too busy doing this insanity rather than trying to restore California to something resembling an actual State Government. Who was it who said 'too large to be an insane asylum and too small to be a Nation'? That's California.

8. TigerLeo

TigerLeo Well-Known Member

Allow me to elaborate.

America is a nation that (at least used to) prides itself on allowing you to think, feel, and; for the most part; do what you want in the pursuit of life, liberty, and happiness. The rights set forth in the first 10 amendments of the Constitution are unanimous among all people's of this country, regardless of race, creed, or ethnicity. Just because I feel a hatred of a certain group of people, regardless of reason, does not mean I should lose my rights that are not granted by the government, but rather gifted to us by the Creator. These rights are inalienable by design. Inalienable means: unable to be taken away from or given away by the possessor.

However, I can see how people would think of things such as this. I despise hate crimes. I am not racist, and can't truly think of a reason to be one. The simple fix for what they are trying to do would be to make hate crimes a felony, not rounding up rights for misdemeanor crimes. Sadly, anyone could be accused of a hate crime. A cop couple claim you were speeding to get away from (insert group here) people... BOOM! Hate crime!

In all honesty this bill is just one more way of silencing the conservatives in the separatist state of crapifornia by taking more than just the right to bear arms, but also the right to vote...

joe45c likes this.
  9. dbcooper

dbcooper Well-Known Member

I was going to say the same thing

10. Broot

Broot Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Soon in commieville: you now will become a felon for using your first amendment rights...to express something which the receiving party doesn't like......

Great..... :):rolleyes::mad:

11. jim brady

jim brady Well-Known Member

Hate crimes, Hate speech, hate this, hate that.

Exactly WHO has been chosen for their divine wisdom and Solomon-like judgement to decide exactly what 'Hate Speech' is? Who decides what action is a 'Hate Crime'? Exactly what words are required to fulfill 'Hate Speech'? Are we entering an era where the Government or the Ruling Class recruits a cadre of "Hate Police" (in black or brown shirts) to arrest people who may have crossed some arbitrary line?

When I read where only Caucasian people qualify for being labeled 'racially prejudiced', and others of different races may never be qualified under THAT label regardless of the speech or actions used or taken by them - I find this rather disturbing.

I fear that the United States is in free-fall into the same mind set of certain European countries of the last century. It didn't end well there - and it won't end well here.

12. CCHolderinMaine

CCHolderinMaine Well-Known Member

Incredible.
    California has absolutely moved into a post-constitutional era.

13. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I don't see it as oxymoronic.

Let's say someone has threatened your family. Said he was gonna catch your daughter and drag her off and rape her.

So you take matters into your own hands, walk up to him and blow a large hole in him.

I can understand the sentiment behind that.

But still - THOU SHALT NOT DO MURDER

Ain't a whole lot of difference between what I said and what TigerLeo said.

"I understand what you're saying, but it's agin the law."

TigerLeo likes this.
  14. Bigdog57

Bigdog57 Well-Known Member

So, in Commiefornia you lose your SECOND AMENDMENT right for a misdemeanor "crime". It's a state offense.
    If you move to a free state do you get your Constitutional rights back? Or does this idiotic law follow you onto the NICS database?

15. PRR1957

PRR1957 Well-Known Member

Not trying to pick on you but, the writers for Carson and Hope wrote funny stuff. Not one thing that is going on in Commifornia is funny.