The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi so, I have built a polymer80 with a TSG-22 slide. I went to the shooting range with it at tacticool in santa maria California. I was told eventually to leave the range because my firearm was illegal due to a threaded barrel. I didn't understand much about it. The guy was nice, didn't want to call the police, it could have been a felony he said. He just recommendrd to take it off. Tactical Solutions have a 22 caliber slide with and without a threaded barrel. I can simply purchase and put on a non threaded barrel to make it legal right ? Down fall is, I can't just buy the barrel itself. It comes complete. Please help me. It is a TSG-22 conversion for my Glock 19/23 .Is their a way I can sand it down and make it non threaded so I can be legit. If that even makes sense lol. Would that be legal ? I just can't find a barrel by itself that is non threaded

Attachments

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
I know nothing about Cali law but if it is illegal to own a threaded barrel, it should be illegal to sell also. Maybe you could go back to the seller?
I'm with this guy, I want my money back but no matter what I'd get rid of gun even if have take to Police and explain didn't know of law and want surrender it.
Don't know anything about CA law but a FELONY charge ain't something you want! I'm to old now to risk something like that over a firearm. I don't know what profession you are in but if younger and not retired a felony charge would cost my career and loss of all my professional licenses.

·
Super Moderator
31,903 Posts
I know nothing about Cali law but if it is illegal to own a threaded barrel, it should be illegal to sell also. Maybe you could go back to the seller?
It's not illegal to sell or own, just to install.

·
Garandaholic
9,858 Posts
even if have take to Police and explain didn't know of law and want surrender it.
That is one course that I would absolutely not follow.
Take it off the gun and drop it down a well, throw it into the pacific, make it permanently gone. I would never walk into a police station and offer them the chance to throw the book at a responsible gun owner.
Good luck to the OP. I hope he stays clear of the Gestapo.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Every time I read a post like this, it makes me appreciate living in the great state of Texas!

We can hunt with silencers, with as large of a magazine as we want.
We can shoot hogs, predators, and exotics all year. 24/7.
We can hunt hogs out of a helicopter or hot air balloons.
We can use any type of bullet.
There’s no stupid laws about stock’s, pistol grips, detachable magazines, etc.
We can even hunt deer with certain types of air powered rifles and crossbows!

It’s a great state to live in!! I could never live in CA, NY, IL, or NJ. So glad I moved here from Minnesota 22 years ago!

·
TFF Chaplain
23,395 Posts
Down fall is, I can't just buy the barrel itself. It comes complete. Please help me. It is a TSG-22 conversion for my Glock 19/23 .
Angel needs a source for a barrel only.

Reactions: carver

·
Premium Member
21,869 Posts
If it was me I would just hacksaw the threaded extension off and get it recrowned. Call our member Goofy and see if he can do this for you.
Mountain Top Firearms and Gunsmithing
541 Tallow Hill Rd.
Spencer NY, 14885

(607)-589-7613

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.