Calling All Texans

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Firpo, Dec 3, 2017.

1. GeneSC

GeneSC New Member

Anywhere from SC to Texas has pretty good weather. we have a little snow in SC in the winter but seldom anything that hinders traffic. Check state "gun laws" since you are posting on a firearms forum I assume that means something to you.
    SC, Fla are "Shall Issue' states, (not sure of any on down toward Texas) They are also "Castle Doctoring" States, meaning you don't have to run an hide if someone is breaking into your home/ vehicle. Good luck with your search.

Firpo likes this.
  2. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member

and some counties I believe have no tax or maybe no school tax for the retired, I have family in Newnan I believe that is how it is there.

3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Some counties do not have the school tax on retired. I am sorry to say that the two counties where I own house are not among those counties!:mad:

4. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Hello friends. Thought I’d give an update that Linda and I will be headed to Texas the first week of April, most likely arriving in San Antonio late March 31. Our plan is to spend a couple days there getting some familiarity with the area, hopefully meeting with a couple job prospects along with a realtor. From there we’ll shoot up to the Dallas Metroplex area doing the same the 3rd and 4th and start our journey back home either the 5th or 6th. If any of you have contacts in the Industrial Electrical world and would be open to helping a fella out it would be appreciated. Woolleyworm has generously offered to help with his Dallas contacts which is VERY much appreciated. This starting a life over isn’t going to be easy but with some help from my friends I’m sure we’ll come out just fine.
    God Bless

One Shot and tuckerd1 like this.
  5. north tex

north tex Well-Known Member

6. marlin795

marlin795 Well-Known Member

Pretty jealous Firpo. I think the farthest south I'm going to get my wife is the Cali High Desert. ( Where her family is.)

7. The4thhorsemen

The4thhorsemen Private Military Contractor Supporting Member

San Antonio is the fastest growing city in the country the beautiful part is there is a low cost of living and tons of big country and people here love their guns crime is small and news stories generally talk about how bad guys are getting blown away

jbmid1 likes this.