The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been shooting for a while now and I am looking for some competitions or shooting events near Knoxville Tennessee I am willing to drive a little ways but I have heard of one in Chattanooga are there any way around Knoxville like the ones where you go through almost like a house and shoot at bad guys and avoid shooting good guys (clearing rooms) or even multiple targets set up on timing courses anything like tht I like pistol competition might consider shotgun like skeet shooting but would also love to find some sniper ranges and events I am learning how to become a pretty good shot but I've gotten to the end of my property so I cannot shoot any farther any 1 know of anything I hve a glock and would love to do sum glock comps but anything where I can go shoot more than just 1 target, standing right in front of me:)

·
Premium Member
34,364 Posts
I have been shooting for a while now and I am looking for some competitions or shooting events near Knoxville Tennessee I am willing to drive a little ways but I have heard of one in Chattanooga are there any way around Knoxville like the ones where you go through almost like a house and shoot at bad guys and avoid shooting good guys (clearing rooms) or even multiple targets set up on timing courses anything like tht I like pistol competition might consider shotgun like skeet shooting but would also love to find some sniper ranges and events I am learning how to become a pretty good shot but I've gotten to the end of my property so I cannot shoot any farther any 1 know of anything I hve a glock and would love to do sum glock comps but anything where I can go shoot more than just 1 target, standing right in front of me:)
Welcome to the forum! Like you, I shoot on my own property. Where I live I would have to drive quite a ways to find shooting competitions. I almost never shoot at a target standing in front of me. I can't help you find anything in your part of the country, but some of the other guys will have some ideas on that. Try something like drawing, and shooting, while moving. That's a lot more real world, because you don't want to be a standing target in a real gun fight. Set up more than one target. Set up some reactive targets, even a tin can will jump, tumble, and roll when hit, I use them all the time. Shoot plastic bottle full of water, anything that will react to being struck by a bullet. Keep a reactive target moving as much as possible. Practice your draw with an unloaded gun. Practice your draw while moving. Practice dry firing, no bullets, look for your sight picture, make sure you keep it thru out the trigger pull. There are a bunch of things you can do right at home to improve your ability to use your weapon of choice. I also use a BB pistol, or rifle for cheap practice, an airsoft gun will work well too. Try some of the trainging videos, you can buy them on line, I use the NRA videos. If you are not a member, sign up! I hope some of this will help, and I hope you find a competition match near you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.