can anyone help me please, model 70

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by countryfun, Apr 29, 2009.

1. countryfun

countryfun New Member

my uncle has a winchester model 70 30-06 with a serial number of 6069. can any help me with date of manufacture and possible value. he has taken extremely great care of the rifle and is in easily 95% or better condition. or can someone at least point me in the right direction to research this. thank you

2. muddober

muddober Active Member

countryfun:The gun was made in 1937 which is the second year of production. Placing a value without at least a picture is difficult. However, assuming your 95% condition is accurate and there are not extra holes or any other modifications I would say about $1,500.00 to sell it. If I owned it I would not take $2,000.00 only because I really like old Model 70's. I hope that helps,

Ron

Last edited: Apr 30, 2009

3. countryfun

countryfun New Member

than you ron. that was a huge help. i was really more curious about the age of the rifle. my uncle is in bad health and was curious about value to leave for my aunt. and yes it is in the value i described, action is still tight original walnut stock is even in mint condition. it is a beautifull rifle. i'll see him again in june i'll take some pictures and share. thanks again for your help