Can i

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Mr lydick, Jan 6, 2017.

1. Mr lydick

Mr lydick New Member

Can I shoot 22lr in my hr 826

2. Designer

Designer Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with that firearm. What does the roll stamp tell you? If it doesn't specifically say ".22LR" then I would not try it.

joe45c likes this.

3. Jeff Brown

Jeff Brown Well-Known Member

22 WMR cal., 6 shot, 3 in. barrel, adj. rear sight, solid frame, DA, swing out cylinder, transfer bar ignition. Mfg. 1981-1983.

zkovach and joe45c like this.
  4. Firpo

Firpo Well-Known Member Supporting Member

No! You cannot shoot 22LR in a WMR cylinder. They are different dimensions, and I don't mean the length. That's why combo revolvers are sold with both LR and WMR cylinders. If you can find them, 22 WRF is okay in a WMR revolver.

joe45c, crystalphoto and nmckenzie like this.
  5. crystalphoto

crystalphoto Well-Known Member Supporting Member

From Wikipedia:
    Dimensions and loading[edit]
    The .22 WMR uses a larger case than the more popular .22 Long Rifle, both in diameter and length. The .22 WMR case is a lengthened version of the older .22 WRF. The .22 WMR's case is thicker than that of the .22 LR, allowing higher pressures. The combination of more powder and higher pressures gives velocities over 2,000 feet per second (610 m/s) from a rifle using a 30-grain (1.9 g) bullet, and 1,500 feet per second (460 m/s) from a handgun. A .22 WMR round will not fit into the chamber of a .22 LR firearm, but it is possible, though unsafe, to chamber .22 LR rounds in a .22 WMR firearm, although doing so can result in injury from gas leaking around the LR case which is undersized for a magnum chamber.

joe45c likes this.