Can you believe it?

Discussion in 'Curio & Relics Forum' started by cointoss2, Mar 4, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Bob In St Louis
    Bob In St. Louis
    (2/24/01 5:10:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Can you believe it?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I had an Astra Model 600 in my collection serial number 11,541, and today I picked up another Astra Model 600 with serial number 11,543. Now, if I could only find 11,542 ---
    Support the Dead Party, vote Harry S. Truman for Missouri Senate in 2002!

Tac401
    Administrator
    (2/24/01 10:56:09 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Can you believe it?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wow,

That's a one in a million chance, now you have a consecutive
    serial numbered pair of pistols which should add a premium
    to them.

Great nice going Bob, now you better go out and get yourself
    a Lottery ticket LOL!

Tac

Bob In St Louis
    Bob In St. Louis
    (2/25/01 4:10:17 pm)
    Not quite consecutive numbers - just gotta find the one inbetween.

shooter45 us
    shooter45us
    (2/25/01 4:29:23 pm)
    Bob, I ordered two Uberti pistols from my dealer a few years ago. The pistols had the "between" number missing. I didn't expect it, but, I was dissapointed. I always wondered where that # went. Shooter45

Bob In St Louis
    Bob In St. Louis
    (2/25/01 4:39:09 pm)
    For the one digit separating the two pistols, they have seen a different life. The one I had already in my collection was in about 90% condition, a bit of wear around the muzzle, normal holster buff, bore was a little dark. The pistol was fitted with plain checkered walnut grips. The one I just picked up looks like it just came out of the factory - pristine. It was fitted with the original commercial black rubber molded Astra grips. Makes you kind of wonder about these two pistols, probably finished in the factory same day in 1945, their history from that point until they were rejoined in my collection now.

Kdubya
    Kdubya
    (2/25/01 9:48:37 pm)
    Bob ( ) -
    Last I recall of a pistol resembling the Astra 600 with a 11,542 Ser #, seems Julie Andrews had it, dancing naked thru the Alpine Hills, shooting the gun and singins something about the hills being alive with the sound of gunfire.
    Keep off the Ridgeline!!

Bob In St Louis
    Bob In St. Louis
    (2/26/01 8:12:15 am)
    That durn Julie! I knew it had to be her! And to think she ditched me to run off with Franco ----