The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
TFF Cake Queen and Revolver Packer
8,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a Marlin .22 LR that my dad brought home after my grampa passed away. Funny we don't know if it was Grampa Harrison's or Great Grampa Phillip's... So I have plenty of ammo for it I'm not sure when it was last cleaned or last shot. I probably never used it because of a lack of a place to and I didn't know if my eyes would let me lol
Wood Sleeve Air gun Trigger Musical instrument

I'd like to remove the scope. I do fine with the sights on the Red Ryder.
Wood Tints and shades Metal Pattern Electric blue
I can get better pictures tomorrow.
Wood Font Metal Auto part Temperature

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
I can't say anything. I've got a Marlin model 25 I haven't fired in over 20 years. I bought it in the 70's but haven't fired it since the 90's. The mags have plastic followers. I started with seven and now I'm down to three. The followers keep breaking.
I started out with three and I'm down to one.

·
Premium Member
23,349 Posts
I imagine my mag followers are brittle with age now. I should have bought some with metal followers when they were cheap but I never thought about it. They're 80.00-90.00 now when you can find them.
Is it possible to make one out of metal? Made a follower for my winchester model 52's 5 round mag. Rae i've good things about the 989. Don't have one myself. Let us know how it shoots.

·
Registered
13,763 Posts
Yeah that might be easier to epoxy it instead of trying to make one.
If I was a little younger and less crippled up I'd have made a wax and cast one out of aluminum but they used to be cheap and easy to find. Speaking of easy to find, I found number 2 of 3 in a cubby hole on my desk. So now I have two, one in the rifle and one on my desk.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I can't say anything. I've got a Marlin model 25 I haven't fired in over 20 years. I bought it in the 70's but haven't fired it since the 90's. The mags have plastic followers. I started with seven and now I'm down to three. The followers keep breaking.
You should try and see if someone who has a plastic 3d printer can make you new followers. Assuming that it is possible to get them in the magazine.

·
Registered
8,698 Posts
You should try and see if someone who has a plastic 3d printer can make you new followers. Assuming that it is possible to get them in the magazine.
I don't know anybody with one. Putting it back in is a piece of cake. The floor plate slides right out. Sorry for getting your thread off track Rae. How long have you had it?

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know anybody with one. Putting it back in is a piece of cake. The floor plate slides right out. Sorry for getting your thread off track Rae. How long have you had it?
Since my grandpa died in 2004. Pretty bad huh? We did buy ammo and a new magazine it was missing. So I have a whole brick. 500 rounds.Can I take the scope myself?

·
Registered
8,698 Posts
Since my grandpa died in 2004. Pretty bad huh? We did buy ammo and a new magazine it was missing. So I have a whole brick. 500 rounds.Can I take the scope myself?
If it has grooves in the receiver just unscrew the screws on the side of the scope. Can you post pics of where it's mounted? I'd try the scope first. You might like it.

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
If it has grooves in the receiver just unscrew the screws on the side of the scope. Can you post pics of where it's mounted? I'd try the scope first. You might like it.
It's at the ranch... So when I go out I'll get more pictures. By the way it's a Weaver scope.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts