The Firearms Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
TFF Cake Queen and Revolver Packer
8,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
If it has grooves in the receiver just unscrew the screws on the side of the scope. Can you post pics of where it's mounted? I'd try the scope first. You might like it.
Wood Composite material Rim Bicycle part Metal
Automotive tire Wood Bicycle part Bicycle tire Rim
p
Wood Composite material Rim Bicycle part Metal

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So you decided to not try the scope?
Well it needed to be cleaned and I have a not very large place to shoot so I figured I'd try it out then put it back if I want it.

Reactions: Hawg

·
Premium Member
22,037 Posts
I bet you have a lot of fun with that rifle. You can shoot all day for cheap. With the ammo cost and shortage we have had for the last few years I have been shooting a lot of 22 LR.

·
Premium Member
8,581 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
The rats breathed a sigh of relief knowing the scope is off now.:) Don't lose the mount screws and pieces!
There in a Ziploc. I can sight better with it off lol

·
Registered
819 Posts
There in a Ziploc. I can sight better with it off lol
I'm just the opposite of you. Most of the rifles I shoot now are scope equipped. I don't wear prescription glasses or contacts. I recently bought a new Henry lever action .22 Mag. rifle mainly so my grandchildren could shoot a lever action rifle to see what it's like. Even with reloading the price of center fire ammo for any of my lever action rifles adds up just to teach someone how they work.
I took the Henry out and I had a Devil of a time trying to see the open sights and getting them on target. The sights were just a blur to me but I could see the target 50 yards away clearly. Kind of disgusted I started to pack up and thought, "I wonder". I tried looking through the open sights with my reading glasses on. The sights were as clear as they could be but the target bullseye was a bit blurry. I shot up a whole box of ammo sighting the gun in and just enjoying the gun.
I can pick my son's hunting rifle up, look through the scope and it's a blur to me. He wears prescription glasses. If I look through his scope with my reading glasses on I get a nice clear sight picture. If I look through one of my scopes they are adjusted for my eyes and I get a nice sight picture. If I wear my reading glasses and look through one of my scopes it's a total blur.
I think you'd be surprised if you were using a newer better grade scope and adjusted it to your eyes how much better you could see. It doesn't have to be an expensive scope either. Some of today's scopes selling for under $50 are pretty good for a rimfire rifle to shoot cans and targets with.
Just a thought.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts