The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Belgium made Browning 9mm pistol that reads: Browning Arms Company St Louis Mo and Montreal PQ. MADE IN BELGIUM.

The serial number does not match any of the Hi-Power identification charts I have seen, but it definitely looks similar to one. The serial number is: T291322

The original grips are wood but I currently have a Hogue rubber grip installed. Any assistance would be appreciated.

Attachments

G

·
Looks like a standard Hi Power MkII to me. Made in Belgium and imported into America. The logo was actually expanded to include the newly established Browning Arms Co in Canada. Made post '62 because of the exposed extractor.

And those Houge grips, I had the same on my Browning. Uglyist grips I ever saw. Also the best I ever had for shooting. It was like locking the hand to the gun with a key!

G

·
And those Houge grips, I had the same on my Browning. Uglyist grips I ever saw. Also the best I ever had for shooting. It was like locking the hand to the gun with a key!
That they are, Tranter! I second your comment in spades. I have a set on my Sig P230, and they improved my accuracy with the pistol considerably. I also put a set on my Colt Gold Cup and they did the same thing. I don't care about how they look, only about how they function, and the Hogues function well indeed.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Tranter! I appreciate the information. The grips do kill the look, but as you say, great for shooting. Any idea how I might find out the exact model year? As I mention, the serial number charts I have seen stop with T261XXX in about 1976. Then they went to a different type of numbering sequence.

Thanks Again

·
Registered
171 Posts
I have a hi power with no letter prefix or suffix s/n11175xx can i find year of mfg. for this HP
thanks
ed k

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a Belgium made Browning 9mm pistol that reads: Browning Arms Company St Louis Mo and Montreal PQ. MADE IN BELGIUM.

The serial number does not match any of the Hi-Power identification charts I have seen, but it definitely looks similar to one. The serial number is: T291322

The original grips are wood but I currently have a Hogue rubber grip installed. Any assistance would be appreciated.
this is an old forum, but do you happen to have these wood grips? If so, would you sell them?

·
Super Moderator
28,373 Posts
this is an old forum, but do you happen to have these wood grips? If so, would you sell them?
The OP hasn't been around since 2009 and this is not the "Buy, Sell and Trade" forum.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The OP hasn't been around since 2009 and this is not the "Buy, Sell and Trade" forum.
I understand. I’m new to this and I don’t know how to post a new thread. Or it wouldn’t allow me. I was hoping they would answer. Been trying to find these grips.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts