Canadian firearms sold in the U.S.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 1952Sniper, Mar 6, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 1952Sniper

1952Sniper New Member

northkind
    (1/7/03 5:49:59 pm)
    Reply Canadian firearms sold in the U.S.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Could anyone please tell me the legallities of selling firearms from Canada? I have a small collection of rifles and shotguns that I would be interested in selling in the American market.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/7/03 6:24:47 pm)
    Re: Canadian firearms sold in the U.S.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello northkind, and welcome to The Firearms Forum.

We've had that subject asked in the past.
    I believe (don't quote me) that any firearm entering the United States, needs to be shipped via Import/Export licensee with the proper paperwork and cleared through Customs.

When all else fails... check with the proper authorities.

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

ZiggedandZagged@aol.com

shooter22
    *TFF Staff*
    (1/7/03 6:28:18 pm)
    Reply Re: Canadian firearms sold in the U.S.
    Welcome to the forum Northkind. I searched for some information and found out what must be done by a purchaser here in the U.S. to accept such firearms from Canada.

Here is the ATF ruling:

L1) May a licensed dealer who does not have an importer's license make an occasional importation?

Yes. A licensee may make an occasional importation of a firearm for a nonlicensee or for the licensee's personal use (not for resale). The licensee must first submit an ATF Form 6, Part I to the Imports Branch for approval. The licensee may then present the approved Form 6 and completed ATF Form 6A to the U. S. Customs Service. Contact the Bureau of ATF, Imports Branch, Washington, DC 20226, (202) 927-8320 for forms.

Hey, Bin Laden, our women can kick you butt!

ImMrBill
    (1/7/03 9:05:51 pm)
    Does anyone know how much licensees are charging for this paper shuffle?

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (1/7/03 10:18:32 pm)
    That will depend on who you select as a receiving FFL holder and what that person's fee would be. There is no set fee for this service. Some FFL holders do it for a token fee if they know the nonlicensee and consider them a good customer, others make a professional living on the fees charged for receiving such items. You will just have to inquire around and see what the market is in your area.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

ImMrBill
    (1/7/03 11:47:55 pm)
    My last in country transfer cost me $50, not including shipping, here in So Cal. That was for use of ffl, DROS and recieving fees. I realize and respect that these fees are helping to keep ffl's in business but they've gotten out of budget for me here. Some ffls won't even bother with transfers.
    I was only curious what anyone else had experienced for this type of added paper work.
    Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.