Canik TP9 SFX - which trigger?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by cannonman, Jun 15, 2020.

1. cannonman

cannonman Active Member

I really enjoy this gun. Except, your finger will drag on the guard. I see a slew of options for very reasonable prices. Which one? I like this gun for a range gun. Speed and accuracy.

2. SeeMor Guns

SeeMor Guns Well-Known Member

The Freedomsmith line up is the best bang for the buck. I have the Pro model in my SFx and couldn't be happier. I also backed it up with the Galloway Precision reduced power trigger return spring and safety plunger spring. That make for a very, very good combination. If you want a close up of just the trigger, let me know and I will get it for you.

Here is a link for the trigger...
    https://freedomsmith.com

Here is a link for the Galloway Precision spring kit...

https://gallowayprecision.com/canik/tp9/reduced-power-spring-kit-for-canik-tp9-pistols

Galloway also offers a cheaper trigger for the SFx.

20200518_081737.jpg

cannonman likes this.

3. cannonman

cannonman Active Member

I ordered both last night. For $70? And nothing but rave reviews? Can you tell me about the trigger pull? I ordered a 3.5# trigger spring kit but don't really know what the factory setting is? It's one of my lighter pulls and I was hopping for a bit less. I'm trying to not like this gun better than my PPQ Q5. My Walther is NOT the steel frame. Because they came out with it the day after I bought mine! I was so upset I bought the Canik. And had some 12y/o scotch. My issue with the Canik trigger was having my finger drag along the guard. I still don't know why I didn't notice this when I was petting it at the store. Great fix though. Still can't believe $70 and simple skills. Right now the Walther wins. Not by much so we'll see. Thx!

4. cannonman

cannonman Active Member

How do you like the Holosun? What would you compare it to? Thx

5. SeeMor Guns

SeeMor Guns Well-Known Member

I have the Holosun and a Vortex Venom 3moa. That is the only comparison I can make and it is heads and tails above the Vortex. By all the research I did, only the Trijicon RMR may be a bit better than the Holosun but not by much.

My SFx trigger is right at 3 pounds but it is nice and crisp break with zero over travel. I use it to compete in USPSA and IDPA and love it.

cannonman likes this.
  6. cannonman

cannonman Active Member

Exactly what I was looking for! Thx! I have the Vortex Venom so this will be a great comparison. My Wife wants to buy it for me and wanted a thumbs up or down. Perfect!

BlackEagle likes this.