Car Accident Fun.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladimir, Apr 17, 2009.

1. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

Not my fault. I was meeting a guy at the mall to sell my dead Xbox when someone backed right into me :eek:. At least I was able to collect the $60 :rolleyes:, it was kind of awkward though with the crowd of people there, I was running back and forth getting him his Xbox components while she was writing down her insurance information for me :cool:.

Damage isn't too bad, it is drivable, but will probably be a PITA to fix because I think the bumper, hood, headlight assembly, and driver side front panel will all need to be replaced. On one of the struts I can't tell if it got bent, it has weird bends in it anyway, and I think it would have taken a hell of a lot more force to **** one of those up, but I can't tell so I included some pictures if anyone can provide some insight. (Those are the last two, first one is of the strut, second I stuck the camera underneath to try and get a picture of what I am talking about.) There is no scarring on top or anything so I am pretty sure it is supposed to bend there but meh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  2. Lori Mick

Lori Mick New Member

bummer.... I got hit 3 times 2 years ago....once in a parking lot, once at a toll booth and once, just stopped at a light! They sure don't make bumpers the way they used to!

3. Popgunner

Popgunner Active Member

I don't think that'll be cheap to fix:(

4. Islandboy

Islandboy New Member

Happened to my trucks rear qtr panel, 8 years unscathed, by some idiot in a parking lot at Christmas.
    Time to turn it into a fire breathing, slighty lifted supercharged off road Chevrolet!

5. artabr

artabr New Member

That sucks. You gotta hate the corner hits.

Art

6. ksummer70

ksummer70 New Member

im a wrecker driver...you wouldnt believe the stuff i see.

7. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

Here's one from a couple years ago in (I believe) Portland Oregon, or nearby.

[​IMG]

It's kinda comical what some folks think they can get away with.:D

8. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

This is why I love Spokane. People aren't that dumb. :rolleyes:

9. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

How many Libs ya got in Spokane?
    Or are they all west of the Olympics?

Forget I even asked.:rolleyes:

10. Vladimir

Vladimir Active Member

I saw someone with a poster on his van attacking the Bush administration as Children of Satan... so I know of at least 1.

Haha just playing, we have plenty but they are much more of a minority because even if they are liberal politically, they are still fairly conservative. Wheres in the west you have plenty of conservatives politically, but everyone tends to be pretty liberal (I am a shining example with my 4 piercings hah).

11. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

With the jeep I drive if someone hits me they're gonna go under me. That's one of the reasons I put a lift on it. That and it just looks cool. :cool:

12. jacksonco

jacksonco New Member

Looks to me like it is time to push it over the hill. Either that or park it in your yard, open the hood and use it for a planter.

13. ponycar17

ponycar17 Active Member

That strut tower brace is likely not bent. When I first read the post I thought you were referring to the actual strut, and I thought "dang, he must have been hit HARD!" :D

I would agree with others. When you involve multiple body sections in the damage it gets pricey to fix. At least the other driver had insurance. Around here insurance is taken to be an optional thing by some of the locals and you just don't know when you run into a deadbeat breaking the law.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2009
  14. LurpyGeek

LurpyGeek Active Member

I had a similar situation a few years ago. The worst parts about a hit like that are: 1) Headlight assemblies are freaking expensive. 2) If the hood is sprung the slightest bit, the body shop won't even deal with it. They'll just throw it out and get a new one. Also expensive.

The accident I was in was centered a little more and possibly a bit less serious. The grill was shattered, a headlight assembly was broken and the hood was sprung. My father and I repaired it ourselves so we didn't have to report it to insurance.

15. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Bumper design mandated by Congress. More crap from there. My brother thinks he needs a WWII Dodge power wagon to drive in the Denver area. Not because of the Global Warming Blizards but to deal with the reckless drivers.