The Firearms Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few years my usual carry has been a keltec p3at. .380 if wearing jeans..using a back picket wallet holster..or more commonly ( since I've been wearing shorts 95% of the time the last 1.9 years ), a keltec p32. 32acp in a belly band holster, and with an extended magazine.

A while back I decided to up my firepower and got a Ria m206 snub revolver 38spl/+p loaded. And carry in another ambi style belly band. It's ok if I have a roomy shirt on or a flannel as a windbreaker.. But prints a little in a t-shirt.

On NYE I got my Sccy pink 9mm. ;)

Today I carried it for the first time. Used a generic 12$ kydex. IWB fitted retention holster I ordered from Amazon. Made specifically for the cpx-2. Might as well use a cheap holster for a cheap gun eh?

Carried great.. High and tight. I adjusted the retention for a nice crisp release..but won't drop the gun when inverted and shook.

The 38+p was just barely getting me to regular pressure 9mm ft# .. So this is another step up in power..and 2x the ammo capacity.

Hate to say it..but the gun with finger rest magazine ( 10+1) fits my hand like a glove and carried almost as easy as the p32 and better than the m206.

Uh..i like it!

Everyday carry Handgun holster Font Bumper Fashion accessory

Personal protective equipment Bumper Musical instrument accessory Font Magenta

·
Registered
18,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The price was right and it fit my hand too good to pass up besides I think the pink is better than the powder blue that they have. Besides I'll probably never accidentally leave it at the range I would be walking away from the table and someone would yell hey lady you forgot your gun. LMAO

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
I have one in FDE with the stainless slide and I agree, it is a good little gun. It is pretty accurate, fits my hand well and has always gone bang when I squeeze the trigger. I have put a thousand or so rounds through it and it has run flawlessly. Stay safe and God bless!
P.S. They say real men wear pink so I take it that real men can shoot a pink gun!

Reactions: soundguy and Gudaki

·
Registered
26 Posts
I carry the CPX2 as EDC. (Not pink lol). I really like the gun. Always have. Ive shot hundreds and hundreds of rounds with no issues, ever. Its reliable, obviously, and Im comfortable with it. I now carry IWB mostly using a Remora holster. Very comfortable. Loaded with Hornaday CD. God forbid I ever need it, but if I do Im confident it will do what its supposed to

·
Banned
56 Posts
I have heard about as good a story as I have bad ones about the SCCY. Im not a man that believes the whole "real men wear pink" thing, but to each his own...

My oldest daughter carrys a Bersa Thunder 380, in pink. I just bought her a Crimson Trace laser grip set for christmas.
My youngest daughter carrys an older Taurus PT138 Pink 380

Both of these shoot really great, but the acuracy of the Bersa was well above and beyond what I had expected.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Many guns go thru infant mortality issues..cheap to expensive.

Ruger 57 first an run had fragile ambi safety. First gen bersa had a spring under the grip that would slip and the gun would stay decocked permanently.. ( my buddy has one.. We made a custom mod to the spring after versa sent it back doing same thing.... Doesn't do it now, by bending 'foot' of spring a couple degrees so it sets on a ledge positively vs slipping off ). New 2020 pythons shipped with no sights and locked cylinders.. Etc. Yes..gen 1 sccy had a different BBL manufacturer/process and were a weak link.... Corrected now.
Rossi and taurus have had numerous fecal programs...remington too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts