The Firearms Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i started carrying several years ago for a lot of reasons. went thru a few guns till i found a sig p365. heavy enough to know it is there, light enough to not be an issue. it hits at what i point it at. goes bang every time i want it to. i really like this gun!
it stopped going bang. light primer strikes. so i took it apart and cleaned everything about the firing pin and channel inspected the channel and pin. i found no reason for the issue, and got no improvement for my effort.
a discussion with my gunsmith and a new firing pin is on order.
why the tramma? for a week i do not have a suitable gun to carry. when you are used to something all the time and stop having it is when you miss it! i am lonely! i feel undressed. yesterday i hit the pawn shops trying to find a substitute fill in till i get my baby back working. is this normal?
with the supply chain so messed up i have no idea how long it will take to get back to my comfort place. i do not like this.
just felt like i needed to share. thanks

rick

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can’t say I know what it’s like with a carry gun, as I’m 15. However, I can tell you I know exactly what feeling you’re talking about, as a few weeks ago my school went back to in person after being virtual for about 3 months. During those three months, obviously, I had kept my knife on me every day. When I went back I was constantly sure I was missing something, and would even occasionally reach into my pocket when I came into a situation a knife would be useful. After a week or so, If you’ve not gotten your part yet, it should start to go away.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Always have a backup. I have three carry guns. My NAA 22MAG goes everywhere. When I can, I carry my Berretta 92FS, and if that's not suitable I carry my Taurus PT111G2. Never be without options if you can help it.

·
Premium Member
19,857 Posts
I always carry my S&W Shield. If for whatever reason I couldn't I would just move to my S&W J frame Airweight. I know what you are saying about your gun. I would get my Shield repaired or replaced ASAP.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Always have a backup. I have three carry guns. My NAA 22MAG goes everywhere. When I can, I carry my Berretta 92FS, and if that's not suitable I carry my Taurus PT111G2. Never be without options if you can help it.
My PT111G2 is the gun I carry to work, and can't take it inside. It's one I can leave in the car, wouldn't break my heart if it were stolen. But if my primary carry gun (Ruger SR9c) were at the smith, I'd be perfectly comfortable and confident with the Taurus.

·
Registered
868 Posts
^^^
Really. Some of us went 50 to 60 years before concealed carry became legal. We may have wished we could carry but life went on and we were careful where we went and when.

If you go to the Webster's Dictionary of 1892 you can't even find the word trauma or traumatized.
Traumatic refers to wounds of the body back then.

Be Careful out there.
Let's Be Careful Out There | 'Hill Street Blues' Supercut - YouTube

·
GUNZILLA
7,010 Posts
You need to be flexible, and learn to be less dependent on a single firearm. I accepted the fact that if I wanted to carry the gun I wanted, comfort and light would never be used in the same context. So for me transitioning from a full size 1911 to a 686+ with 3" barrel never became an issue. It is even less when I wear a .380 911 during my walks, you need to get out of your head.😖

Reactions: tedwitt

·
TFF Chaplain
20,387 Posts
I felt something similar many years ago. I had been out in the mountains all summer, wearing my sheath knife. It was always there, ready for me to pull it out and use it. When summer was over, I came down out of the mountains and the knife was put away. I felt like I was listing to the left, and something was missing on my right hip.

As far as carry weapons, I hope you find a good substitute soon. The old adage holds true...two is one and one is none.

·
Registered
5,658 Posts
I would never carry an unreliable gun. I have a Springfield armory EMP in 9mm as my primary carry gun. A S&W 686 .41 mag and a Taurus Judge as secondary guns.
686 41mag is it a five shot? Never knew such an animal existed :unsure: :cool:

·
Super Moderator
41,317 Posts
It kinda sounds to me like it became unreliable suddenly. I suppose that would traumatize me too, to know I was carrying a gun that would not function if and when I needed it.

·
Registered
232 Posts
how does one live with him/herself having only one carry firearm
I have a bunch in rotation
sa mod 2 45
sa mod 2 9mm sc
sa emp 1911 9mm
sa 911
sa 1911 45
and on the very rear occasions that I can have a light jacket on
long slide fusion 1911 10mm

·
Registered
868 Posts
Didn't the 365 begin life unreliably? Then a period where everything was all well. I'd be curious also about another's having light strikes all of a sudden. I wonder why. With all the talk of new restrictions I'd be tempted to look for a single stack to supplement it along with a few snubs. Of coarse having a few full size models wouldn't hurt either.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Was the slide closing all the way? That would give you light strikes, I've had that in a glock.maybe you need a new recoil spring.I changed mine and never had it again.If the striker was intact how about the spring for it.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I have a 365XL and I love it. It has been great since day one. I gave my girl my 365. I had some issues with it when I first got it, but sig got it worked out. If you have problems figuring out what's wrong with it, I would send it to sig. Especially if you got it when they first came out.

As far as carry gun, keep a spare or two. Don't just get something to get you by. Get a gun you like and shoot well and get a proper holster. Heck buy a second 365 if that's what you like. Always good to have more then one carry and holster. Stuff happens. Parts break, holsters wear out

1 - 20 of 31 Posts