The Firearms Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
691 Posts
For that reason is why I have more than one carry gun. If my main carry gun is out of commission, I grab one of the others and run some rounds through it to make sure it is running good and to refamiliarize myself to the gun. JM2C

Reactions: BlackEagle

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
to answer most of your thoughts.
my interest is not in carry guns, i NEED a reliable carry because of age, and where i live. just enough dumb bad people around here to make it necessary. my interest is more in shooting them and those i have i do not feel comfortable carrying. long guns are at the top of my list of fun to shoot, so not much use as a walk around gun.
the sig quit being carried as some as it stopped going bang. useless till fixed. what happened? not sure, i think because it was always cocked 24-7, and shot often that the spring lost its tension. regardless it will be replaced.
as to a second carry, that will be corrected. in the mean time i still am very uncomfortable with an empty holster, and that is not getting better with time. a question that does not need a answer. who buys those cute colored guns that Buds has a lot of? kind of takes the concealed out of CC, and the manly out of man. ya think?
if you want to have fun shoot a wheelegun

rick

·
Registered
435 Posts
A single action Ruger Blackhawk .357 is a mighty carry gun, in the hands of one who knows how to use it.

Immensely better than nothing.

The "problem" with your Sig is interesting and scary. I don't believe springs "suddenly" get weak. Your light strikes would most probably be caused by something else. More thorough history would be needed, followed by examination at the instance of ftf.

·
Registered
71 Posts
The early 365s were bad about the striker dragging on the primers. Some strikers were even breaking from it. Maybe some of his striker has broken off or it could have just worn down from the excessive primer drag. That's why I said I would send it into sig. The early pistols had some issues. Sig will make it right. They are very easy to deal with.

·
Registered
894 Posts
Maybe, maybe not. It has to overcome the huge popularity the .38 special has had for decades. I'm sure this question was not on the last census. If it were, the Dems would have objected in court to have it removed anyway. And, oh yes, welcome to the forum from Central Illinois.

Just kidding you. Who knows what's in all those nightstands around the country. For all we know, it's not even a handgun, but a shotgun that's mostly kept for home defense.

·
Premium Member
TFF Pie Queen
5,464 Posts
Maybe, maybe not. It has to overcome the huge popularity the .38 special has had for decades. I'm sure this question was not on the last census. If it were, the Dems would have objected in court to have it removed anyway. And, oh yes, welcome to the forum from Central Illinois.

Just kidding you. Who knows what's in all those nightstands around the country. For all we know, it's not even a handgun, but a shotgun that's mostly kept for home defense.
Shot gun under the bed... .38 special in the night stand 🤣

·
Registered
71 Posts
Weak Springs?
Actually it could be a worn down or broken striker also. Like I said before. The early 365s had a issue with primer drag. Basically the striker/firing pin was dragging across the primer when the slide cycled. Causing increased wear and in some cases broken strikers. Mine went back twice for cycling issues. First time they replaced most of the internala of the slide.. I'm pretty sure on the second trip they just replaced the entire slide and my problems were solved.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I usually carry 1911 45acp or Browning 1911 380. My 8 year old Granddaughter an I went shopping once and I forgot my wallet. Now when she's with me she has a check list before we leave the house "Poppy, do you have your wallet, pocket knife, gun ... I answer yes" and says "We can go now."

·
10,374 Posts
A single action Ruger Blackhawk .357 is a mighty carry gun, in the hands of one who knows how to use it.

Immensely better than nothing.

The "problem" with your Sig is interesting and scary. I don't believe springs "suddenly" get weak. Your light strikes would most probably be caused by something else. More thorough history would be needed, followed by examination at the instance of ftf.
I catch myself carrying my .357 Ruger Security Six.
It s getting hard for me to rack the slides on my other pistols.

·
TFF Chaplain
20,453 Posts
Glad to hear you got it fixed and that it was something as simple as a spring..

It's only taken what, a month? That's a long time to feel lopsided.

How many rounds had that spring gone through?

·
Premium Member
1,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
the old one easy a thousand. and it is always under tension. one in the chamber ready to go.
new one only about a hundred. no failures!
a carry gun that is not 100% is useless! and can get you dead.
one day back on my hip and i almost do not feel it there, sure gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

rick

21 - 36 of 36 Posts