Carrying with an ffl?

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by GoodOl'12gauge, May 13, 2009.

1. GoodOl'12gauge

GoodOl'12gauge New Member

If I aquire my ffl does it allow me to carry concealed in any state? And if not are there certain states it allows me to carry in?

2. USMCSpeedy

USMCSpeedy Member

I know it does NOT in MN. My gun dealer just had to renew his permit to carry. Can't say about other states.

3. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

from what I understand at least in MO and some other states, a FFL is not a license to carry. Depending on the level of ffl it allows you to sell, manufacture, collect, and distribute. Not carry.

4. tim.sr

tim.sr New Member

In MI you need a CCW

5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

An ffl is a license to buy and sell, not to carry. CCW laws vary from state to state and in the more liberal states they vary from county to county. There are only a couple of open carry states that come to mind, Arizona being one of them. But for the most part, if you want to carry your gun get a license to do so...

6. If you have a CCW in one state, you MAY be able to carry in certain other states, 12Gauge. It depends on the state laws in the states involved, and whether or not your state has a reciprocity agreement with the other state in question. The following website should help you, but before you rely on it and carry in another state, it is best to check with that state's authorities just to be sure. Carrying illegally is usually considered a felony.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

7. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Yup.

To answer your first question.
    There is NONE, NADA, ZILCH, NO state that will allow you to carry with an FFL.

To answer your second question.
    There is NONE, NADA, ZILCH, NO state that will allow you to carry with an FFL.

8. user

user Active Member

Northern piedmont of Va. and Middle of Nowhere, We
    Not in Virginia. But then you don't need any kind of permit in Virginia, since the Virginia Constitution is the document that the Bill of Rights was based on. (To carry concealed is another matter - the "concealment" is regulated, though the right to carry is not.)

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  9. PPK 32

PPK 32 Active Member

Not in Illinios, and probably Wisconsin, not real sure about Wisconsin.

10. GoodOl'12gauge

GoodOl'12gauge New Member

Thanks guys a buddy of mine told me that you could carry with your ffl im glad i checked first thank yall

11. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Its a good way to lose you ffl and gun buying /owning priveleges for good. All it takes is 1 good felony charge;)

12. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

The only thing a FFL will do is allow you to buy and sell, as already stated. It gives you no other rights at all.